Foot Levelers is a foot care, footwear, and whole body health company based in Roanoke, Virginia, and owned by Kent S. Greenawalt.
Foot Levelers began in Iowa, in 1952, by Chiropractor Monte H. Greenawalt. Greenawalt earned his degree from Lincoln Chiropractic College and began to notice a pattern in patients with foot problems—his adjustments did not hold. Dr. Monte referred these patients to a podiatrist, but their problems persisted.
Monte began to experiment with orthotics, and through trial and error, developed a formula based on 16 unique measurements of the foot. Unlike off-the-shelf orthotics or even those made by podiatrists, Monte’s orthotic was designed to support all three arches of the foot, rather than just one. Through Greenawalt's orthotics invention, his patients began to show positive results and his adjustments held longer.
In Foot Levelers multi-decade history, they have served tens of thousands of doctors and millions of patients through their patented orthotic technology. They have offices in the U.S., Europe, and Australia and serve customers in over 80 countries.
Foot Levelers holds title sponsorship of "America's Toughest Road Marathon", the Blue Ridge Marathon, since 2012.
- ACRM (Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation), "Shoe Orthotics for the Treatment of Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial"
- "Dr. Amanda Bledsoe Branches Out! How to Successfully Go Solo After a Decade as an Associate". The American Chiropractor. Retrieved 2019-08-01.
- "Foot Levelers Partners with Women Chiropractors Professional Organization, Donates $100,000". The American Chiropractor. Retrieved 2019-03-01.
- "Will These Products Ease Your Back Pain?". The Doctors TV Show. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- "Foot Levelers Renews Title Sponsorship of Blue Ridge Marathon / Half Marathon Through 2021". The Roanoke Star. Retrieved 2018-11-27.
- "F4CP partners with American Academy of Spine Physicians to enhance spine care". Chiropractic Economics. Retrieved 2018-11-13.
- "Botetourt County students awarded VWCC scholarships". Roanoke Times. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "A senior moment: Leaving a 'clean camp'". Chico Enterprise-Record. 2018-10-20. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- Times, Troy Sarver Special to The Roanoke. "Richmond runner smashes Blue Ridge Marathon record; Tech grad student wins women's race". Roanoke Times. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- Ostarly, Clay (2018-10-10). ""Cobots" to work with people, could prevent work injuries". VIRGINIAFIRST. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Reducing injury by correcting hyper pronation or supination in runners". www.runnerstribe.com. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Demand More From Your Doctors When Their Treatment Plan Is Opioids". Observer. 2018-02-05. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "How To Relieve Knee Pain Naturally". Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Proven: Foot Levelers + Chiropractic Care Significantly Reduce Chronic Low Back Pain--by 40.4 Percent". www.dynamicchiropractic.com. 27 June 2018. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Experiencing the Difference with Foot Levelers — Mami of Multiples". Mami of Multiples. 2017-10-11. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- Brookshier, Erin (22 August 2017). "Study shows Foot Levelers orthotics reduce back pain". www.wsls.com. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Foot levelers Announces Roanoke-based 3d Technology division" (PDF). BizNews. October 12, 2017.
- "Foot Levelers Blue Ridge Marathon". Delta Sky Magazine. October 2017.
- Dashiell, Joe. "Foot Levelers donates laptop computers to Roanoke City Public Schools". Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- HOLAHAN, DAVID. "Foot Scans Reveal A Lot: Modern Life Takes A Toll On Posture, With Ripple Effects". courant.com. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Put Your Best Foot Forward for Better Health | Scoop News". www.scoop.co.nz. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Roanoke firefighters receive free custom orthotics during test". News/Talk 960-AM & FM-107.3 WFIR. 2017-05-18. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Foot Levelers announces schedule for "On the Level" Fall Webinar Series". Chiropractic Economics. May 4, 2018. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- "Postural Imbalance and Orthotic Support". Dynamic Chiropractic. August 15, 2006. Retrieved 2018-11-07.
- ^ "About | About". Foot Levelers. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- ^ "Custom Orthotics | Products". Foot Levelers. Retrieved 2018-11-06.
- ^ Cambron, Jerrilyn A.; Dexheimer, Jennifer M.; Duarte, Manuel; Freels, Sally (September 2017). "Shoe Orthotics for the Treatment of Chronic Low Back Pain: A Randomized Controlled Trial". Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 98 (9): 1752–1762. doi:10.1016/j.apmr.2017.03.028. ISSN 0003-9993. PMID 28465224.