Football Federation of Turkmenistan
|AFC affiliation||1993 (Associate member), 1994|
The Federation was founded in 1992 and in 1994 was admitted to FIFA, which registers all the matches of the national teams of all member countries. The national team of Turkmenistan registered their first matches as being held in 1992, and FIFA counted those matches on the basis that, although the Football Federation of Turkmenistan became a member of FIFA in 1994, the national team of Turkmenistan was allowed since 1992 to participate in tournament play. The Federation additionally boasts membership in the Asian Football Confederation since 1994.
In March 2003 Football Federation of Turkmenistan held a special conference. As a result of a secret ballot, Allaberdy Mammetkuliyev was elected Chairman.
In March 2007, FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter and AFC President Mohamed Bin Hammam opened the House of Football - new headquarters of the Football Association of Turkmenistan - which is located in one of the luxury houses in the southern part of Ashgabat.
- "AFC membership reaches 44". New Straits Times (Google News Archive). 30 April 1993.
- ФЕДЕРАЦИЯ ФУТБОЛА ТУРКМЕНИСТАНА ПРЕОБРАЗОВАНА В АССОЦИАЦИЮ
- Presidents of FIFA and AFC inaugurate football headquarters in Turkmen capital
- Joseph S. Blatter in Central Asia
- Deriyageldy Orazov elected chairman of Football Federation of Turkmenistan
- Vice-Premier Sapardurdy Toyliyev elected chairman of Football Federation of Turkmenistan
|This article related to sport in Turkmenistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an association football-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|