Football Manager 2012
|Football Manager 2012|
|Release date(s)||Microsoft Windows
Transfers & Contracts
Significant changes to the transfer & contract systems.
A new much detailed in-game report has been devised.
3D Match Improvements
New animations, new crowd system, more stadiums.
Manage Anywhere, Anytime
The ability to add or take away playable nations.
New system which allows you to specify the way you want to say things.
A new adaptive layout system, new filters & more. New national team - Kiribati
A demo of the game was released on Steam in association with Sky Sports HD on 6 October 2011. It provides half of a season of game play, which can be continued within the full purchased version. The demo is limited to only the leagues of England, Scotland, France, Spain, Holland, Belgium, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Australia, playable as quick-starts.
Digital rights management
Football Manager 2012 is the first in the series to require the use of Steam software; this angered many thousands of fans of the series. The move means that users must activate the game online before they are able to play. Sega said that the change was intended to reduce piracy.
Football Manager 2012 has been well received, with generally positive reviews. In particular GameSpot said that the "ability to turn leagues off and on was a great addition". The German website 4players.de rated the game with 88% as "sehr gut" ("very good").
- Football Manager 2012. Sega.com. Retrieved on 2012-01-06.
- "Football Manager 2012 Transfers to Shops on 21st October". Sega. 12 September 2011. Retrieved 12 September 2011.
- Football Manager 2012. Footballmanager.com. Retrieved on 2012-01-06.
- Football Manager 2012 Steam DRM enrages fans. PC Gamer (2011-09-28). Retrieved on 2012-01-06.
- Yin, Wesley. (2011-09-27) FM 2012 requires Steam to play. Eurogamer.net. Retrieved on 2012-01-06.
- Football Manager 2012 - Activation / Steam FAQ. Sports Interactive forum.
- Football Manager 2012 Review. Gamespot (2011-10-19).
- "Test (Wertung) zu Football Manager 2012 (Sport, PC) - 4Players.de". 4Players.