Football in Botswana
|Football in Botswana|
|Governing body||Botswana Football Association|
|National team||national football team|
Football is clearly the number one sport in Botswana. By October 2007 there are about 348 men’s clubs registered while only nine women's clubs have been registered. The national team has not yet enjoyed any tangible success on the field. In January 2008 Botswana reached number 101 on the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking. They have less than a handful of players based outside their country (the most famous being forward Dipsy Selolwane).
Botswana Premier League
The Botswana Premier League currently has sixteen clubs competing in it.
Botswana First Division North
The Botswana First Division North currently has twelve clubs competing in it.
Botswana First Division South
The Botswana First Division South currently has twelve clubs competing in it.
- "Makwengwe: Life apart from football". Botswana Guardian. 2013-09-24. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "Sunday Standard - Online Edition". Sundaystandard.info. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "Welcome to Daily News .:. Sports - Football - Botswana football growth impressive - Michu". Dailynews.gov.bw. 2013-08-30. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "The mystery behind the rise of Botswana football". Goal.com. 2011-05-21. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "BBC Sport - Football - Minnows Botswana qualify for Africa Cup of Nations". BBC News. 2011-03-26. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
- "Mmegi Online :: Football Inches Closer To Professionalism - Makgalemele". Mmegi.bw. Retrieved 2013-11-15.
|This article about sports in Botswana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This association football article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|