Football in Zambia
|Football in Zambia|
|Governing body||Football Association of Zambia|
|National team(s)||national football team|
The sport of football in the country of Zambia is run by the Football Association of Zambia. The association administers the national football team, as well as the Premier League. 1993 Zambia national football team air disaster is considered one of the most signification moments in Zambian football. The national team has expericed success also they were once holders of the Africa Cup of Nations, winning in the 2012 final against Ivory Coast. Football is the most popular sport in Zambia.
- "'Set up women's football league' | Times of Zambia: The Official Website". Times.co.zm. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- "Is coaching a thankless job? | Times of Zambia: The Official Website". Times.co.zm. 2013-09-28. Retrieved 2013-12-01.
- Hughes, Rob (13 February 2012). "Zambia Takes a Modest and Emotional Path to Victory". The New York Times. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Jacob Steinberg (12 February 2012). "Ivory Coast v Zambia – as it happened | Jacob Steinberg | Football". London: theguardian.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Michael Cummings. "Godfrey Chitalu: Did Zambian Striker Score More Goals Than Lionel Messi?". Bleacher Report. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Οι 200 κορυφαίοι Αφρικανοί" [The top 200 Africans]. Sport24.gr. 26 October 2006.
|This article about sports in Zambia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This association football article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|