Foothill High School (Orange County, California)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Foothill High School|
|19251 Dodge Avenue
Santa Ana 92705, California
|School district||Tustin Unified School District|
|Rival||Tustin High School|
Foothill High School is a public secondary school located in the unincorporated community of Tustin Foothills in Orange County, California, United States. It has a mailing address of Santa Ana, but it is a part of the Tustin Unified School District. It is the only school in the Tustin Unified School District to offer the International Baccalaureate program. It is recipient of multiple California Distinguished School and National Blue Ribbon School awards.
History and culture
Opened in September 1963 on 37 acres (150,000 m2) of land, it is the second oldest high school in the Tustin Unified School District. Its name is derived from its literal position at the base of Cowan Heights and Lemon Heights in North Tustin. The school's colors are black and gold, and its mascot is the Knight.
FHS offers 16 Advanced Placement courses, five International Baccalaureate Higher Level, and eight International Baccalaureate Standard Level courses.
- Brian Alexander, former United States men's national water polo team member and 2011 Pan American Games gold medalist
- Brad Boxberger, baseball player
- Mike Champion (1976–1978), baseball player with the San Diego Padres
- Jamal Duff (1990), football player, actor
- Brittany Hayes, 2008 Olympic silver medalist, water polo
- Chris Hoke (1994), member of the 2006 and 2009 Super Bowl Champions Pittsburgh Steelers
- Phil Hughes (2004), baseball player
- Norm Katnik (1999), NFL center for Minnesota Vikings
- Adam Koets (2002), member of the NFL Super Bowl Champions New York Giants
- J. W. Krumpholz (2006), Olympic silver medalist, water polo
- Richard Lambourne (1993), 2008 USA Olympic gold medalist, member of the men's volleyball team
- Matthew Lillard (1988), actor, Scooby Doo, Scream
- Caitlin Lowe, member of the USA National Softball Team
- Kristen Mann (2001), Indiana Fever WNBA
- Jeff Pickler, baseball player and coach
- Victory Tischler-Blue (1977), singer, film producer, and member of the all-girl band The Runaways
- Eva Angelina (2003), adult film actress
Current head football coach of the Kansas State Wildcats, Bill Snyder, coached at Foothill High School from 1969-1974, then went on to a coach at Austin College and Iowa before landing at Kansas State University.
- ESPN - Chris Hoke
- USA Water Polo Player BIO
- USA volleyball bio for Lambourne
- Foster, Chris (March 2, 1994). "PREP BASEBALL '94: CENTURY LEAGUE: Foothill Enjoys Fruit of Pickler Family Tree". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 21, 2016 – via LA Times.
- Coach Snyder FHS Alumni Assoc
- Bill Snyder bio - Kansas State Sports