Foothill High School (Orange County, California)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Foothill High School|
|19251 Dodge Avenue
Santa Ana 92705, CA
|School district||Tustin Unified School District|
|Rival||Tustin High School|
|Website||Foothill High School|
Foothill High School is a public secondary school located in the unincorporated community of Tustin Foothills in Orange County, California, with a mailing address of Santa Ana, California in the Tustin Unified School District. It is the only school in the Tustin Unified School District to offer the International Baccalaureate program. It is a multiple recipient of the California Distinguished School and National Blue Ribbon School awards.
History and culture
Opened in September 1963 on 37 acres (150,000 m2) of land, it is the second oldest high school in the Tustin Unified School District. Its name is derived from its literal position at the base of Cowan Heights and Lemon Heights in North Tustin. The school's colors are black and gold. The school's mascot is the Knight.
FHS offers 16 Advance Placement courses, 5 International Baccalaureate Higher Level, and 8 International Baccalaureate Standard Level courses.
- Brian Alexander (Former United States men's national water polo team member and 2011 Pan American Games gold medalist)
- Brittany Hayes - 2008 Olympic silver medalist, water polo
- Caitlin Lowe (Member of the USA National Softball Team)
- Matthew Lillard (1988) (Shaggy from Scooby Doo & Stu Macher from popular horror film "Scream")
- Richard Lambourne (1993) (2008 USA Olympic Gold Medalist - Men's volleyball team)
- Chris Hoke (1994) (Member of 2006,2009 Super Bowl Champions food eating Pittsburgh Steelers)
- Norm Katnik (1999) National Football League center for Minnesota Vikings
- Victory Tischler-Blue (1977), singer, film producer, film director, photographer, and member of the all-girl band The Runaways
- Adam Koets (2002) NFL New York Giants Super Bowl Champs
- Phil Hughes (2004)(Minnesota Twins pitcher)
- J. W. Krumpholz (2006) Olympic silver medalist, water polo
- Kristen Mann (2001) (Indiana Fever WNBA)
- Mike Champion (1976–1978) (San Diego Padres)
- Jamal Duff (1990), football player, actor
- Brad Boxberger (MLB pitcher playing for the San Diego Padres)
Current head football coach of the Kansas State Wildcats, Bill Snyder, coached at Foothill High School from 1969-1974, then went on to a coach at Austin College and Iowa before landing at Kansas State University.