For All I Care
|For All I Care|
|Studio album by The Bad Plus|
|Released||October 20, 2008 (EU)
February 3, 2009 (US)
Heads Up Records (US)
|Producer||The Bad Plus|
|The Bad Plus chronology|
For All I Care is an album by The Bad Plus with Wendy Lewis on vocals. It was released on October 20, 2008, in Europe and on February 3, 2009, in the U.S. This is the first Bad Plus album to include a vocalist, as well as the first to feature no original songs. Although the Bad Plus are known for playing inventive covers of rock songs, this is their first album to exclusively feature cover songs, including a few 20th-century classical pieces.
Listed next to each track is the most known performer of each piece, followed by the writers (except for the classical tradition pieces).
- "Lithium" - 4:46 (Nirvana; Kurt Cobain)
- "Comfortably Numb" - 6:41 (Pink Floyd; David Gilmour/Roger Waters)
- "Fém (Etude No. 8)" - 3:20 (György Ligeti)
- "Radio Cure" - 6:40 (Wilco; Jay Bennett/Jeff Tweedy)
- "Long Distance Runaround" - 3:43 (Yes; Jon Anderson)
- "Semi-Simple Variations" - 3:32 (Milton Babbitt)
- "How Deep Is Your Love" - 3:39 (The Bee Gees; Barry Gibb/Maurice Gibb/Robin Gibb)
- "Barracuda" - 3:21 (Heart; Ann Wilson/Michael DeRosier/Nancy Wilson/Roger Fisher)
- "Lock, Stock and Teardrops" - 4:08 (Roger Miller)
- "Variation d'Apollon" - 4:33 (Igor Stravinsky)
- "Feeling Yourself Disintegrate" - 4:47 (The Flaming Lips; Michael Ivins/Steven Drozd/Wayne Coyne)
- "Semi-Simple Variations (Alternate Version)" - 1:11 (Milton Babbitt)
- Ethan Iverson - piano, bells
- Reid Anderson - bass, vocals
- David King - drums, vocals
- Wendy Lewis - vocals
- The Bad Plus - producer
- Tchad Blake - mixing
- Brent Sigmeth - recording
- Bill Sadler - piano tuner
- Chris Hinderaker - production coordination
- "FOR ALL I CARE by The Bad Plus". Metacritic. metacritic.com. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- Jurek, Thom. "Review: For All I Care". Allmusic. Retrieved 28 September 2009.