For All Mankind (TV series)
|For All Mankind|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Original network||Apple TV+|
For All Mankind is an upcoming American science fiction web television miniseries created and written by Ronald D. Moore, Matt Wolpert and Ben Nedivi and produced for Apple TV+. The series will premiere in Fall 2019. The series will dramatize "what would have happened if the global space race had never ended" after the USSR (in this fictional alternative history) succeeds in the first manned Moon landing.
Cast and characters
- Joel Kinnaman as Edward Baldwin
- Michael Dorman as Gordo Stevens
- Sarah Jones as Tracy Stevens
- Colm Feore
- Shantel VanSanten as Karen Baldwin
- Wrenn Schmidt as Margo Madison
- Jodi Balfour as Ellen Waverly
- Jeff Branson as Neil Armstrong
On December 15, 2017, it was announced that Apple had given the production a one season series order. The series was created by Ronald D. Moore. Moore, Matt Wolpert, Ben Nedivi will jointly script and executive produce the drama. Maril Davis acted as Executive Producer. Production companies involved with the series are to include Sony Pictures Television and Tall Ship Productions. On October 5, 2018, it was announced that the series had been officially titled For All Mankind.
In August 2018, it was announced that Joel Kinnaman, Michael Dorman, Sarah Jones, Shantel VanSanten, and Wrenn Schmidt had been cast in main roles and that Eric Ladin, Arturo Del Puerto, and Rebecca Wisocky would appear in a recurring capacity. On October 5, 2018, it was reported that Jodi Balfour had been cast in a series regular role.
- For All Mankind — Official First Look Trailer | Apple TV+ Apple TV Official YouTube Channel, June 3, 2019
- Andreeva, Nellie (December 15, 2017). "Apple Orders Ronald D. Moore Space Drama Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Roots, Kimberly (December 15, 2017). "Outlander Boss Ronald D. Moore's Space Drama Gets Apple Series Order". TVLine. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Barsanti, Sam (December 17, 2017). "Battlestar Galactica's Ronald D. Moore is developing a new space drama for Apple". The A.V. Club. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Marnell, Blair (December 15, 2017). "STAR TREK and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA's Ronald D. Moore is Writing a New Space Drama | Nerdist". Nerdist Industries. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Morris, David Z. (December 16, 2017). "Apple Orders New Series from Battlestar Galactica Mastermind". Fortune. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Oller, Jacob (December 15, 2017). "Battlestar Galactica's Ronald D. Moore returns to space with new Apple TV series". Syfy Wire. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (December 15, 2017). "Apple Gives Straight-to-Series Order to Drama From 'Outlander' Showrunner". Variety. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- O'Connell, Michael (December 15, 2017). "Apple Orders Space Drama From Ronald D. Moore". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 18, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (October 5, 2018). "Jodi Balfour Cast In Ron Moore's Apple Space Drama 'For All Mankind'". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 5, 2018.
- Andreeva, Nellie (August 14, 2018). "Joel Kinnaman, Sarah Jones & Michael Dorman To Star In Ron Moore's Apple Space Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 14, 2018.
- Porter, Rick (August 30, 2018). "Ron Moore's Apple Space Drama Adds Shantel VanSanten, Wrenn Schmidt (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (August 30, 2018). "Eric Ladin, Arturo Del Puerto & Rebecca Wisocky To Recur In Ron Moore's Apple Space Series". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved August 30, 2018.
- "Filming in August: Ronald D. Moore to Produce Upcoming Series 'For All Mankind (aka NASA)' in Los Angeles, CA". Production List | Film & Television Industry Alliance. August 13, 2018. Archived from the original on December 2, 2018. Retrieved December 2, 2018.
- Koblin, John (2019-03-17). "Apple's Big Spending Plan to Challenge Netflix Takes Shape". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-03-24.