For My Parents
|For My Parents|
|Studio album by Mono|
|Released||September 4, 2012|
|Recorded||Waterfront Studios, Hudson, New York|
|Label||Temporary Residence Limited|
|Consequence of Sound|||
|Drowned in Sound||8/10|
For My Parents is the sixth full-length album from Japanese post-rock band Mono. It was released in September 2012. The band also released a video for the opening song "Legend" titled "Legend: A Journey Through Iceland." The video was directed by Henry Jun Wah Lee.
For My Parents received positive reviews, Drowned in Sound said 'The band has progressed to a point where their work sounds unique, and now they'll continue to painstakingly develop every aspect of that work with each release' and Consequence of Sound said 'For My Parents isn’t likely to go down with your Slow Riot for New Zerø Kanadas or Spiderland, but there are times when it seems to break new ground, amounting to maximal yet clearly produced spectacle that only a band as musically cognizant and technically fluent as Mono could muster'.
|5.||"A Quiet Place (Together We Go)"||9:25|
- Takaakira "Taka" Goto – Guitar
- Tamaki Kunishi – Bass, Piano, Glockenspiel
- Yoda – Guitar
- Yasunori Takada – Drums, Glockenspiel, Timpani, Tubular Bell, Gong
- Henry Hirsch – Recorded
- Rachel Alina – Assisted
- Fred Weaver – Mixed
- Bob Weston – Mastered
The Holy Ground Orchestra
- Jeff Milarsky – Conductor
- Yuki Numata, Courtney Orlando, Emily Ondracek, Patti Kilroy – Violin 1
- Conrad Harris, Ben Russel, Caroline Shaw, Amanda Lo – Violin 2
- Caleb Burhans, Nadia Sirota, Erin Wight, Jeanann Dara – Viola
- Clarice Jensen, Brian Snow – Cello 1
- Caitlin Sullivan, Laura Metcalf – Cello 2
- Logan Coale – Bass
- Shayna Dunkelman – Timpani
- Yuri Yamashita – Cymbals
- "For My Parents by MONO". Archived from the original on 2013-03-16.
- Thom Jurek. "Allmusic Review". Allmusic.
- Mike Madden. "CoS review". Consequence of Sound.
- Tom Perry. "Drowned in Sound review". Drowned In Sound.
- Benjamin Boles. "Now Magazine review". Now Magazine.
- Jayson Greene. "Pitchfork Media review". Pitchfork Media.
- Joe Marshall. "Rock Sound review". Rock Sound.
- Eli Kleman. "Sputnikmusic review". Sputnikmusic.