For Our Valley
In November 2016 two regional councillors, former senator Antonio Fosson and Claudio Restano, left the Valdostan Union (UV) in disagreement with Augusto Rollandin, President of Aosta Valley, and launched the party. PNV was immediately admitted into the coalition supporting the regional government composed also of the Progressive Valdostan Union (UVP), Edelweiss (SA) and the Democratic Party (PD), while forming a strong partnership with the UVP and SA.
In March 2017 PNV stopped supporting the government and, along with the UVP, SA and Autonomy Liberty Participation Ecology (ALPE), formed a new government without the UV, under President Pierluigi Marquis (SA), with Restano minister of Tourism, Sports, Commerce and Transports.
In June 2017 the group of the PNV was enlarged to Carlo Norbiato, another dissident from the UV, and consequently changed name to Civic Area – For Our Valley. In September a joint group with SA was formed: Civic Area – Edelweiss – For Our Valley.
In the 2018 regional election PNV formed a joint list with SA; the list obtained 10.7% and four seats (two for PNV and two for SA). After the election, the Regional Council elected Nicoletta Spelgatti of Lega Nord Valle d'Aosta (LNVdA) as President, at the head of a broad left-right coalition, comprising SA–PNV, ALPE, Mouv' and a defector from UV's ranks. In the new government Restano kept his office, along with SA's Stefano Borrello.
- "Antonio Fosson e Claudio Restano escono dal gruppo dell'Union Valdôtaine in Consiglio Valle: "non c'è dialogo" | 12vda". 12vda.it. Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- "Maggioranza, ok a nuovo gruppo Pnv - Valle d'Aosta - ANSA.it". ansa.it. Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- "Uvp, Sa e Pnv, sviluppo con nuovo metodo - Valle d'Aosta - ANSA.it". ansa.it. Retrieved 2016-12-04.
- "Comunicato stampa". Consiglio Regionale della Valle d'Aosta.
- ""Sì" alla sfiducia a Rollandin, via libera alla giunta Marquis".
- "Marquis nuovo presidente Regione Vda - Valle d'Aosta". 10 March 2017.
- "PIERLUIGI MARQUIS PRESIDENTE DELLA NUOVA GIUNTA REGIONALE". 10 March 2017.
- "Nasce Gruppo consiliare Area Civica, due coordinatori per tre consiglieri". 13 July 2017. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Formalizzata la nascita del nuovo gruppo "Area Civica - Stella Alpina - Pour Notre Vallée"". 20 September 2017. Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "Laurent Vierin nuovo presidente Vda - Valle d'Aosta". 13 October 2017.
- "Nicoletta Spelgatti (Lega) eletta presidente della VdA: è la prima donna al vertice della Regione". Retrieved 14 August 2018.
- "E' fatta, martedì nascerà la Giunta Spelgatti". 21 June 2018. Retrieved 14 August 2018.