"For Yanukovych!" (Ukrainian: За Януковича) was a political alliance in Crimea (an autonomous republic within Ukraine) between the Party of Regions and the Russian Bloc during the 2006 Crimean parliamentary election.
At the election the alliance won 32.55% of the popular vote and 44 seats out of the 100 seats in the Verkhovna Rada of Crimea (more the 3 times as much as any other contender). However, according to opinion polls, from then its ratings did fall. After the elections members of the alliance tried to remove the speaker of the Verkhovna Rada of Crimea Anatoliy Hrytsenko also a member of For Yanukovych!
- (Russian) , Росбалт.RU (06/10/2009)
- Kiev fails to end Crimea's ethnic tension, Oxford Analytica (February 7, 2007)
- (Ukrainian) У Януковича в Криму проблеми, Gazeta.ua (March 26, 2009)
- (Ukrainian) Соратник Януковича розповів, за що його вигнали з партії, Ukrayinska Pravda (September 15, 2009)
- Local government elections in Ukraine: last stage in the Party of Regions’ takeover of power, Centre for Eastern Studies (October 4, 2010)
- (Russian) О партии, Russian Bloc
- Regions Party gets 80 of 100 seats on Crimean parliament, Interfax Ukraine (11 November 2010)
|This article about a political party in Ukraine is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|