For a European Serbia
For a European Serbia – Boris Tadić (Serbian: За европску Србију – Борис Тадић / Za evropsku Srbiju – Boris Tadić), also known by a three-letter Serbian acronym ZES, was an electoral alliance, led by Boris Tadić, which participated in the 2008 Serbian parliamentary election. It received 38.42% of the popular vote, translating into 102 seats in the 250-seat parliament.
- Democratic Party (DS)
- Social Democratic Party of Serbia (SDPS)
- Serbian Renewal Movement (SPO)
- League of Social Democrats of Vojvodina (LSV)
- Democratic League of Croats in Vojvodina (DSVH)
- G17 Plus
- Together for Kragujevac
Boris Tadić claimed victory in the election, despite only gaining a plurality. The victory was contested by the opposing Tomislav Nikolić, of the Serbian Radical Party, which received 29.46% of the popular vote.
Forming a government
This coalition government ruled Serbia until 2012.
- "Serbia's pro-West president claims election victory". CNN. 2008-06-11. Retrieved 2008-05-12.
- "Serbia's pro-European bloc claims shock poll win". Google News. Agence France-Presse. 2008-05-11. Retrieved 2008-05-12.