For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
|For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration|
|Disney's Hollywood Studios|
|Opening date||July 5, 2014|
|Replaced||The American Idol Experience|
|Disney California Adventure|
|Opening date||January 7, 2015|
|Closing date||April 17, 2016|
|Replaced by||Mickey's PhilharMagic|
|Disneyland Park (Paris)|
|Name||Chantons La Reine des Neiges|
|Opening date||June 1, 2015|
|Closing date||January 7, 2018|
|Replaced||Tarzan: The Encounter|
|Hong Kong Disneyland|
|Name||“Frozen” Festival Show|
|Opening date||June 11, 2015|
|Closing date||October 4, 2015|
|Shanghai Disneyland Park|
|Name||Frozen: A Sing-Along Celebration|
|Soft opening date||May 7, 2016|
|Opening date||June 16, 2016|
|Attraction type||Live Show|
|Designer||Walt Disney Creative Entertainment|
|Music||Songs by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez|
|Duration||30 minutes (Florida)|
20 minutes (Paris)
Closed captioning available
For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration is a musical show based on Disney's 2013 animated film Frozen and the songs from the film, located at Disney's Hollywood Studios and Shanghai Disneyland Park. It was also formerly hosted at Disney California Adventure, Disneyland Park in Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland.
Disney's Hollywood Studios version
The show originally premiered at the Premiere Theater in the Streets of America section of Disney's Hollywood Studios during the 2014 Frozen Summer Fun on July 5, 2014. The show moved into its current location at the Hyperion Theater in Echo Lake on June 17, 2015, the former home of The American Idol Experience.
Disney California Adventure version
On January 7, 2015, the Muppet*Vision 3D theater in Hollywood Land at Disney California Adventure began operating as the Crown Jewel Theater and presented the show as part of the park's "Frozen Fun" event. Although the event officially ended on May 15, 2015, the venue held the Frozen sing-along show until April 17, 2016. It was then closed and the theater was renamed the Sunset Showcase Theater with a movie preview in May 2016. Since April 2019, the Sunset Showcase Theater began showing Mickey's PhilharMagic.
Disneyland Paris version
The stage is located in The Chaparral Theater in Frontierland under the name Chantons La Reine des Neiges; it is the first version that features Olaf. Shows run several times daily with separate French- and English-language presentations. It first ran from June 1 to September 13, 2015 as the summer event, but it was scheduled to return on November 14, as part of the Christmas event.[a] However, due to a terrorist attack in Paris on November 13, 2015, both Disneyland Paris and Walt Disney Studios Park were closed from November 14 until November 18.
Hong Kong Disneyland version
Hong Kong Disneyland features an almost identical show, named simply “Frozen” Festival Show. The stage is located in the “Black Box” space known as "The Pavilion", between Adventureland and Grizzly Gulch, also the former home of "The Revenge of the Headless Horseman", an exclusive walk-through attraction for the Haunted Halloween event from 2011-2014. It was ran from June 11, 2015. Although the event officially ended on August 30, the show continued until October 4.
Shanghai Disneyland version
The stage is located in The Evergreen Playhouse in Fantasyland. This was the first Frozen sing-along show that would not open for a seasonal event. In November 2019, it featured songs from the sequel, Frozen II.
- As of February 9, 2015, the official Disneyland Paris website does not feature the show. This does not mean the attraction closed on that day, but that it closed prior to or before that day.
- Stacey, Russ. "Summer is the Best Time to Stay 'Frozen' at Disney's Hollywood Studios". disneyparks.disney.go.com. Disney Parks. Retrieved November 9, 2015.
- "Disney's Hollywood Studios Map" (PDF).
- "A fabulous Frozen Sing-Along and A Royal Welcome". Archived from the original on February 21, 2017. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- Brigante, Ricky (July 5, 2014). "Frozen Summer Fun event debuts at Walt Disney World as Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf appear in delightful new shows". Inside the Magic. Distant Creations Group, LLC. Retrieved July 10, 2014.
- Slater, Shawn (December 5, 2014). "New 'Frozen Fun' Opens at Disneyland Resort January 7". DisneyParks Blog. Retrieved December 22, 2014.
- "New Stage Musical 'Frozen – Live at the Hyperion' Opens May 27, 2016, at Disney California Adventure Park". Disney Parks Blog.
- "For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration". Disneyland (Archive). Archived from the original on February 29, 2016.CS1 maint: unfit url (link)
- "Disneyland Paris Shows and Parades" (PDF). Disneyland Paris Resort. Retrieved February 21, 2017.
- "Frozen Summer Fun is coming to Disneyland Paris: everything you need to know".
- Szalai, Georg. "Paris Attacks: Disneyland Paris to Remain Closed Through Tuesday". hollywoodreporter.com. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- "Hong Kong Disneyland proudly presents "Frozen" Village for this summer Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, and Kristoff lead 300 Guests in a magical "Let It Go" finale".
- "Additional Details Of Shanghai Disneyland Revealed".
- Smith, Thomas (January 12, 2016). "Opening Date Set for Shanghai Disney Resort, Disney's Newest World-Class Destination". DisneyParks Blog. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration.|