From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||860 ft (260 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||434635|
The north-central Indiana community of Foraker is located at. The town spreads south and west from the corner of CR 142 and CR 13.
The Foraker post office was discontinued in 1966.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Foraker, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Deahl, Anthony (1905). A Twentieth Century History and Biographical Record of Elkhart County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 123.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 134. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
The name honors Senator Joseph B. Foraker of Ohio.
- "Elkhart County". Jim Forte Postal History. Archived from the original on 4 September 2014. Retrieved 4 September 2014.
|This Elkhart County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|