|Died||23 October 1816|
|Commands held||Indian Army|
|Battles/wars||American Revolutionary War|
Champagné was commissioned into the 4th Regiment of Foot in 1773. He served in the Southern Colonies during the American Revolutionary War and took part in the Battle of Wetzell's Mill in 1781. By 1796 he had been appointed Commanding Officer of the 20th Regiment of Foot.
- "No. 11364". The London Gazette. 22 June 1773. p. 1.
- Southern Campaigns in the Revolutionary War
- The American Revolution in North Carolina
- Reminiscences of my military life from 1795 to 1818, by Charles Steevens
- "No. 16390". The London Gazette. 24 July 1810. p. 1093.
- British Regiments and the Men Who Led Them 1793-1815: 95th Regiment of Foot Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- Bulletin 168 Merton Historical Society, December 2008
- The Paget Brothers 1790-1840
|New regiment||Colonel of the 8th Garrison Battalion
Sir George Hewett
Sir George Nugent
|New regiment||Colonel-Commandant of the 1st Battalion,
95th Regiment of Foot
Sir Brent Spencer
Sir Lowry Cole
|Colonel of the 70th (Glasgow Lowland) Regiment of Foot
Sir Kenneth Howard