New South Wales
Location in New South Wales
|Population||9,170 (2011 census)|
|• Density||1.9428/km2 (5.032/sq mi)|
|Area||4,720 km2 (1,822.4 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Phyllis Miller (Unaligned)|
Forbes Shire is a local government area in the central west region of New South Wales, Australia. The Shire was formed in 1981 from the amalgamation of the Municipality of Forbes and the Shire of Jemalong.
Current composition and election method
Forbes Shire Council is composed of nine Councillors elected proportionally as a single ward. All Councillors are elected for a fixed four-year term of office. The Mayor is elected by the Councillors at the first meeting of the Council. The most recent election was held on 8 September 2012, and the makeup of the Council is as follows:
|Independents and Unaligned||9|
The current Council, elected in 2012, in order of election, is:
|Graeme Miller||Unaligned||Deputy Mayor|
Forbes Shire Council By-Election May 2015 Results
Forbes Shire Council By-Election provisional results have been announced by returning officer Alan McCormack and are as follows:
- Grant Clifton 2713
- Jenny Webb 1056
- Robyn Miller 924
- John Berger 611
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Forbes Shire". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Forbes Shire Council". Division of Local Government. Retrieved 12 November 2006.
- "About Forbes Council". Forbes Shire. Forbes Shire Council. Retrieved 21 May 2016.
- "Forbes Shire Council: Summary of First Preference and Group Votes for each Candidate". Local Government Elections 2012. Electoral Commission of New South Wales. 13 September 2012. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- Woodburn, Joanna (21 September 2012). "New man at the helm of Forbes Shire Council". ABC News Central West NSW. Australia. Retrieved 16 October 2012.