Forbidden Evil (album)
|Studio album by Forbidden|
|Released||September 30, 1988|
|Recorded||1988 at Alpha & Omega Recording and Studio 245,
San Francisco, California;
and Prairie Sun Recording Studios,
Cotati, California, U.S.
Forbidden Evil is the debut album from San Francisco, California thrash metal band, Forbidden, released in 1988. The title of this album refers to their original name before shortening it to Forbidden in 1987. The album was well received by both critics and fans and eventually became a cult classic.
Forbidden Evil was produced by Doug Caldwell and John Cuniberti, best known for working with Joe Satriani, at Alpha & Omega Recording, Studio 245 (both located in San Francisco) and Prairie Sun Recording in Cotati. The album's recording sessions took place in mostly 1988.
The album features future Slayer drummer Paul Bostaph and three of the songs were co-written by Robb Flynn, who later played with Vio-Lence and Machine Head – although he never played on the album.  As of 2009, it is the only Forbidden album to feature guitarist Glen Alvelais, who left in 1989 and would later join Testament (which had also featured Bostaph). He was replaced by Tim Calvert, who would remain with the band until their breakup in 1997.
The title track was covered by Temple of Blood on their 2008 release Overlord.
- "Chalice of Blood" (Russ Anderson, Robb Flynn) – 4:27
- "Off the Edge" (Anderson, Glen Alvelais, Craig Locicero) – 4:12
- "Through Eyes of Glass" (Anderson, Alvelais, Locicero) – 6:18
- "Forbidden Evil" (Anderson, Locicero, Flynn) – 5:35
- "March into Fire" (Locicero, Anderson) – 5:05
- "Feel No Pain" (Alvelais, Locicero) – 5:05
- "As Good as Dead" (Anderson, Locicero, Flynn) – 4:11
- "Follow Me" (Locicero, Anderson, Alvelais) – 7:00
- Feel No Pain
- As Good as Dead
- Through Eyes of Glass
- Chalice of Blood
- Russ Anderson – vocals
- Glen Alvelais – guitar
- Craig Locicero – guitar
- Matt Camacho – bass
- Paul Bostaph – drums
- Recorded at
- Produced by John Cuniberti and Doug Caldwell
- Recording engineered by John Cuniberti
- Assistant engineered by David Plank
- Mixed at Alpha & Omega
- Executive produced by Cliff Cultreri
- Mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Cover art by Kent Mathieu
|This 1980s metal album–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|