Forbidden Rose Promotional Poster
|Fragrance by Avril Lavigne|
|Tagline||Dare to Discover|
|Website||Forbidden Rose Avril Lavigne|
The fragrance took two years to develop. Like her previous scent, Black Star, there is a removable ring on the neck of the bottle. It features notes of red apple, winepeach, black pepper, lotusflower, heliotrope, shellflower, praline agreement, sandalwood, and vanilla. So far, the line features various EDP sizes, a body lotion and a shower gel.
The commercial for the fragrance was directed by Fred Garcon and filmed in Santa Barbara, CA. The story takes place in a gothic garden setting. Lavigne first walks towards a gate, which is closed to her. She then enters, and a gust of wind draws her attention to a light beckoning to her. She finds the "Forbidden Rose", which she picks up as the thorns surrounding it slowly open to let her hand pass through. She smiles, and throws it at the camera. Unlike her previous fragrance, Black Star, the commercial does not feature a jingle sung by Lavigne.
Though the tagline for the new perfume is "Dare to Discover", Lavigne stated its message is an extension of Black Star's theme to "follow your dreams". Lavigne told StyleList that she "wanted to create a fragrance which takes the unique attitude of my first scent to a new emotional depth, adding mystery as well as a bit of magic." Lavigne released Forbidden Rose's sister fragrance, Wild Rose, in 2011. The concept and design was very similar however the fragrance had a sweeter scent and was tinted pink rather than purple.
Fragrantica thought the scent to be "mysterious and magical." CelebrityClothingLine.com called it more sophisticated than Black Star. Now Smell This said it was "a cautious fragrance, overall, and not particularly 'edgy'." IzeStuff.com thought that "with its hints of both fantasy and fearlessness, Forbidden Rose comes to life, like a fairytale."
- "Avril Lavigne Debuts Her New "Forbidden Rose" Fragrance". nitrolicious.com. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Avril Lavigne Bandaids: The #1 Avril Lavigne Picture Gallery - Forbidden Rose". Gallery.avrilbandaids.com. 21 May 2009. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Forbidden Rose new fragrance by Avril Lavigne". Perfume Blog. 18 March 2010. Retrieved 27 March 2010.
- Lavigne, Avril (herself) (June 2010). Forbidden Rose commercial (Streaming video). Procter & Gamble. Retrieved 4 June 2010.
- J_Brisby, 8-17-2010, 3:23 am (29 September 2010). "Avril Lavigne 'Forbidden Rose' Fragrance Now in Store". StyleList. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100902040027/http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Avril-Lavigne/Forbidden-Rose-9046.html. Archived from the original on 2 September 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2010. Missing or empty
- "Avril Lavigne's New Scent: Forbidden Rose". Celebrity Clothing Line. 10 August 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- "Avril Lavigne Forbidden Rose ~ fragrance review :: Now Smell This". Nstperfume.com. 21 August 2010. Retrieved 8 October 2010.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20100827004247/http://www.ize-stuff.com/stuff/fragrance/celebrity_perfumes/avril_lavigne_fragrance.html. Archived from the original on 27 August 2010. Retrieved 1 October 2010. Missing or empty