Force India VJM06
Ian Hall (Chief Designer)
Bruce Eddington (Chief Engineer, Composites)
Dan Carpenter (Chief Engineer, Mechanical Design)
Simon Gardner (Head of R&D)
James Knapton (Head of Vehicle Science)
Simon Phillips (Head of Aerodynamics)
|Predecessor||Force India VJM05|
|Successor||Force India VJM07|
|Chassis||Carbon fibre composite monocoque with Zylon legality side anti-intrusion panels.|
|Suspension (front)||Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, trackrod and pushrod. Inboard chassis mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.|
|Suspension (rear)||Aluminium uprights with carbon fibre composite wishbones, trackrod and pullrod. Inboard gearbox mounted torsion springs, dampers and anti-roll bar assembly.|
|Engine||Mercedes-Benz FO 108F 2.4 L (146 cu in) V8 (90°). Naturally aspirated, 18,000 RPM limited with Mercedes AMG High Performance Powertrains KERS, mid-mounted.|
|Transmission||McLaren Racing McLaren Racing 7-speed, semi-automatic, 'e-shift'|
|Weight||642 kg (1,415.4 lb) (including driver)|
Mobil 1 product lubricant
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
|Notable entrants||Sahara Force India F1 Team|
|Notable drivers||14. Paul di Resta|
15. Adrian Sutil
|Debut||2013 Australian Grand Prix|
The Force India VJM06 is a Formula One racing car designed and built by the Force India team for use in the 2013 season where it was driven by Paul di Resta and Adrian Sutil, who returned to the team after spending the 2012 season out of the sport. The car was launched on 1 February 2013 at the team's base near the Silverstone Circuit, and is complete redesign of the previous year's car.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2013||Sahara Force India F1 Team||Mercedes-Benz
|P||Paul di Resta||8||Ret||8||4||7||9||7||9||11||18†||Ret||Ret||20†||Ret||11||8||6||15||11||77||6th|
† Driver failed to finish the race, but was classified as they had completed greater than 90% of the race distance.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-03-05. Retrieved 2013-03-03.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Sahara Force India VJM06 - F1technical.net".
- Noble, Jonathan; Beer, Matt (11 December 2013). "F1 teams expert enough to avoid early tyre struggles – Ross Brawn". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "Paul di Resta". forceindiaf1.com. Force India. 31 January 2013. Archived from the original on 10 December 2013. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
Paul di Resta enters his third season as a full-time F1 race driver with Sahara Force India in 2013.
- "Adrian Sutil completes Sahara Force India's 2013 line-up". forceindiaf1.com. Force India. 28 February 2013. Archived from the original on 2 March 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
Sahara Force India is pleased to announce that Adrian Sutil will complete its driver line-up for the 2013 season.
- Rencken, Dieter; Beer, Matt (18 January 2013). "Force India won't reveal second driver at 2013 Formula 1 car launch". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 19 January 2013.
[When] asked if Force India would confirm its line-up before or during the event, Fernley said: "No. The launch is to launch the VJ06."
- Anderson, Ben; Tremayne, Sam (1 February 2013). "Force India VJM06 launch: New car a total rethink". Autosport.com. Haymarket Media Group. Retrieved 2 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Force India VJM06.|