Forced Alliance was developed by Orbital Games and published by Ripcord Games.
Orbital Games originally had a working project codenamed Alien Alliance around 1995, that looked similar in visual and interface designs to Forced Alliance. It was also planned to come on the PlayStation. That former game was likely reworked and released as the latter game, exclusively for the PC.
Forced Alliance received mixed reception from video game critics.
- "Alien Alliance [Cancelled – Playstation]". Unseen 64. December 27, 2019. Retrieved 29 December 2019.
- Nguyen, Thierry (February 1998). "The Plot Thickens". Computer Gaming World. No. 163. p. 209.
- GameSpot Staff (May 1, 2000). "Forced Alliance Review". GameSpot. Retrieved June 22, 2019.
- Gies, Daniel (November 1997). "Kill the Voraptoid Guano Bastards! Review". Game Revolution. Archived from the original on October 26, 2004.
- Krupinski, Timothy. "Forced Alliance". Gamezilla. Archived from the original on December 21, 2001.