Ford Airport (Iron Mountain)
|Serves||Iron Mountain / Kingsford, Michigan|
|Hub for||CSA Air|
|Elevation AMSL||1,182 ft / 360 m|
Ford Airport (IATA: IMT, ICAO: KIMT, FAA LID: IMT) is a county owned public use airport in Dickinson County, Michigan, United States. It is located three miles west of the central business district of Iron Mountain, in the central Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The airport offers scheduled passenger service by one commercial airline, an affiliate of Delta Connection, which is subsidized by the Essential Air Service program. It is also a hub for FedEx Feeder operator CSA Air.
Ford Airport serves the greater Dickinson County area which includes the cities of Iron Mountain, Kingsford and Norway in Michigan and the bordering Wisconsin communities of Aurora, Florence and Niagara. Its service area also includes portions of Iron and Menominee counties in Michigan and Florence and Marinette counties in Wisconsin.
Facilities and aircraft
Ford Airport covers an area of 720 acres (291 ha) at an elevation of 1,182 feet (360 m). It has two asphalt paved runways: 1/19 is 6,501 by 150 feet and 13/31 is 3,808 by 75 feet. Runway 1/19 has approved ILS, GPS and LOC/DME approaches. In addition, the Iron Mountain VOR/DME (IMT) navigational facility is located at the field.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2018, the airport had 6,966 aircraft operations, an average of 19 per day: 62% air taxi, 21% commercial service and 17% general aviation. In November 2019, there were 33 aircraft based at this airport; 22 single-engine, 8 multi-engine, 2 jet and 1 helicopter. Both based and transient general aviation aircraft are supported by the fixed-base operator (FBO) Kubick Aviation Services.
Ford Airport enhances regional air travel safety by maintaining an Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) 'Index A' trained team and related equipment.
Airline and destinations
|Delta Connection||Detroit, Minneapolis/St. Paul|
|1||Minneapolis/St Paul, Minnesota||11,810||Delta|
|FedEx Feeder||Escanaba, Houghton, Milwaukee|
|Pro Aire Cargo||Blaine, Green Bay|
- Ford Airport, official web site
- FAA Airport Master Record for IMT ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. effective November 7, 2019.
- Iron Mountain/Kingsfd, MI: Ford
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- "AirNav: Airport Information". www.airnav.com. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- Essential Air Service documents (Docket Number OST-1999-5175) from the U.S. Department of Transportation:
- 2005-5-14 Order Selecting Carrier and Setting Final Subsidy Rate
- Order 2007-3-21 Selecting Carrier and Setting Final Subsidy Rates
- 2008-1-13 Order Selecting Carrier, Setting Final Subsidy Rates and Requesting Proposals
- 2008-8-14 Order Reselecting Carrier and Setting Final Subsidy Rates
- 2010-6-4 Order Re-Selecting Carrier, Setting Final Subsidy Rates and Requesting Proposals
- 2011-11-30 Order Selecting Carrier
- "Ford Airport" (PDF). (39.8 KiB) from Michigan Airport Directory
- "Ford Airport" (PDF). (135 KiB) from Wisconsin Airport Directory
- Superior Aviation
- (PDF), effective December 5, 2019
- FAA Terminal Procedures for IMT, effective December 5, 2019
- Resources for this airport: