Ford EUCD platform
|Ford EUCD platform|
|Body and chassis|
|Related||Ford C1 platform|
The Ford EUCD platform (for "European D-class") is Ford's global midsize car automobile platform launched in 2006. It is a stretch of the compact Ford/Volvo/Mazda-designed Ford C1 platform. EUCD and C1 share many suspension, brake, and electrical systems.
Originally known as "C1-Plus" due to its similarity, EUCD was chosen by Ford's European operations instead of the Ford CD3 platform due to the large number of components shared with the smaller C1. Another factor was reportedly the inability of the CD3 to accept Volvo's straight-5 engines.
The first EUCD cars were introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show: Volvo's S80 (Volvo P3 platform) and Ford's S-MAX and Galaxy, which share about half of their total parts, for example, the steering columns on the Galaxy, S-Max and S80 share 80 percent of their parts.
The Jaguar Land Rover D8 platform is a heavily modified derivative of the EUCD.
|EUCD platform vehicles|
|Vehicle Name||Image||Production||Bodystyle(s)||Model Code||Notes|
|Ford S-MAX||2007–2016||5-door MPV||CD340|
|Ford Galaxy||2007–2016||5-door MPV||CD340|
|Volvo S80||2006–2016||4-door saloon||facelift model shown|
|Volvo S80L||2010–2016||4-door saloon||Y483|
|Volvo V70||2007–2016||5-door estate||Y285
|facelift model shown|
|Volvo XC70||2008–2016||5-door estate|
|Volvo XC60||2009–2017||5-door SUV||facelift model shown|
|Volvo S60||2011–2018||4-door saloon||
||facelift model shown|
|Volvo S60L||2014–2018||4-door saloon|
|Volvo S60 CC||2015–2018||4-door saloon||
|Volvo V60||2011–2018||5-door estate||
|Volvo V60 CC||2015–2018||5-door estate||
|Volvo XC90||cancelled||5-door SUV||Y305|
After separation from Ford, Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) continued to develop the EUCD platform; deriving the heavily modified LR-MS/JLR D8 platforms from it. Variations of the D8 are used for the 2011 Range Rover Evoque, the 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport and the 2017 Jaguar E-Pace.
Ford's new global CD-segment platform
For the 2013MY, the Fusion mid-size (C/D) car migrated to the Ford CD4 platform, a new common global platform. Its European counterpart, the Mondeo, made the transition to CD4 when the fifth generation hit the market for the 2015MY.
- "All-new Volvo S80 - Protective safety, Advanced system thinking behind the high safety level in the all-new Volvo S80". www.media.volvocars.com. Volvo Car Corporation. 27 February 2006. Retrieved 2018-11-23.
- Wim Oude Weernink; Bradford Wernle (30 March 2006). "Building Blocks: Ford learns a lesson from Lego". AutoWeek. Archived from the original on 2011-06-03. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "CD340 seating project". linux.hcmeurope.nl. HCM Europe. 2006. Archived from the original on 2017-07-02. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Ford CD345" (PDF). www.elektro-mack.com (in German). 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Ford Mondeo warm umgeformte B-Säule" [Ford Mondeo warm formed b-pillar]. www.magna.com (in German). Archived from the original on 2017-11-27. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Anlage CD345 Ford B-Säule Laserschneiden" [Machinery CD345 Ford b-pillar laser cutting]. eikotec.de (in German). 2006. Archived from the original on 2016-02-04. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
The URL makes no sense
- "Baby Range Rover: Eine Nummer kleiner" [Baby Range Rover: One size smaller]. www.autobild.de (in German). AutoBild. 19 August 2003. Archived from the original on 2017-10-04. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- "Marie-Louise Fagervall-Sliti LinkedIn profile". Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- Simoldes Tool Division. "Volvo S80 (Y286)". Archived from the original on 2018-02-04. Retrieved 2018-02-04.
Simoldes Group has taken part in this project by making the Door panel moulds and assembling parts, as well as the Bumpers and Rear Spoilers. 14 moulds have been made for this vehicle, by all the companies of the Simoldes Tooling Division.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-11-20. Retrieved 2017-10-04.
- Volvo Car Germany Gmbh (1 October 2012). "Ihr Volvo XC60/V70/XC70/S80/XC90 Zubehör Preisliste" [Your Volvo XC60/V70/XC70/S80/XC90 accessories price list] (PDF) (in German). p. 2. Archived from the original on 2018-02-04. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "William John Nielsen LinkedIn profile". Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- Pär Eliasson (2015). Performance During Manufacturing Start-up - A Case Study in the Chinese Automotive Industry (PDF) (Master). Chalmers University of Technology. pp. 17–18, 20, 23–33. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "S60L (L421) front bumper" (JPG). www.daodachina.com. Archived from the original on 2017-10-04. Retrieved 2017-11-26.
- "VCC/ODETTE EDI Training" (PDF). 29 October 2012. Archived (PDF) from the original on 2017-11-27. Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "Vehicle type and platform identification chart" (PDF). Volvo Cars of North America. 2016. p. 1. Retrieved 2018-03-02.
- "Martin Erixon LinkedIn profile". Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- "Marian Lednicky LinkedIn profile" (in German). Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- Simon Bickerstaffe (11 May 2011). "Range Rover Evoque". European Automotive Engineers Cooperation (EAEC). Archived from the original on 2017-02-17. Retrieved 2017-12-31.
- Chris Chin (17 June 2015). "Quick Drive: The 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport by AutoNation". egmCarTech. Retrieved 2017-07-14.
- Steve Fowler; John McIlroy (13 July 2017). "New Jaguar E-Pace SUV unveiled: £28k baby F-Pace due in 2018". AutoExpress. Dennis Publishing. Retrieved 2017-07-13.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-08-09. Retrieved 2012-01-06.