Ford EUCD platform
|Ford EUCD platform|
|Manufacturer||Ford Motor Company
|Also called||Volvo P3 platform|
|Body and chassis|
front-wheel drive or four-wheel drive
|Related||Ford C1 platform|
Ford CD132 platform
Volvo P2 platform
Ford CD4 platform
Volvo SPA platform
The Ford EUCD platform (for "European D-class") is Ford's global midsize car automobile platform launched in 2006. It is loosely based on Ford's compact Ford C1 platform. EUCD and C1 share many suspension, brake, and electrical systems.
Originally known as "C1-Plus" due to its similarity, EUCD was chosen by Ford's European operations instead of the Ford CD3 platform due to the large number of components shared with the smaller C1. Another factor was reportedly the inability of the CD3 to accept Volvo's straight-5 engines.
The first EUCD cars were introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show: Volvo's S80 and Ford's S-MAX and Galaxy, which share about half of their total parts, for example, the steering columns on the Galaxy, S-Max and S80 share 80 percent of their parts.
- 2007–present Ford S-MAX (code name CD340) large MPV (introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show)
- 2007–present Ford Galaxy (code name CD340) large MPV (introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show)
- 2007–present Land Rover Freelander/LR2 (code name L359) compact SUV (introduced at the 2006 London Motor Show)
- 2007–2014 Ford Mondeo (code name CD345) large family car (introduced at the 2007 Geneva Motor Show)
- 2007–present Volvo S80 saloon (introduced at the 2006 Geneva Motor Show)
- 2007–present Volvo V70 estate
- 2008–present Volvo XC70
- 2009–present Volvo XC60
- 2010–present Volvo S80L
- 2011–present Land Rover Range Rover Evoque
- 2011–present Volvo S60 II compact executive car
- 2011–present Volvo V60 estate
- 2014–present Volvo S60L
- 2015–present Land Rover Discovery Sport (Compact SUV)
Ford's new global CD-segment platform
In 2012, the Fusion mid-size (C/D) car migrated to the Ford CD4 platform, a new common global platform. Its European counterpart, the Mondeo, made the transition to CD4 when the fifth generation hit the market for the 2015MY.
- "Meet the next X-type". Autocar. March 7, 2006.
- Wim Oude Weernink and Bradford Wernle. "Building Blocks: Ford learns a lesson from Lego". AutoWeek. Retrieved March 30, 2006.
- Swiss Bliss, Ward's Auto World, March 1, 2006]
- First Images of the New Volvo S60 Sedan Swedespeed.com, November 10, 2009
- Bickerstaffe, Simon (11 May 2011). "Range Rover Evoque". European Automotive Engineers Cooperation (EAEC). Retrieved 31 July 2012.