Ford India Private Limited
|Founded||October 1995 (as Mahindra Ford India Limited)|
|Headquarters||Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai, Kanchipuram district, Tamil Nadu|
|Nigel Harris - President, Ford India|
Number of employees
|Parent||Ford Motor Company|
Ford India Private Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company in India. Ford India Private Limited's headquarters are in Maraimalai Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It currently is the sixth largest car maker in India after Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata, Mahindra.
Ford India Private Limited began production in 1926, but was shut down in 1954 as the company was in loss . Ford re-entered the market in October 1995 as Mahindra Ford India Limited (MFIL), a 50-50 joint venture with Mahindra & Mahindra Limited. Ford increased its interest to 72% in March 1998 and renamed the company Ford India Private Limited.
The management team of Ford India comprises Nigel Harris - President, Anurag Mehrotra - Executive Director of Marketing, Sales & Service, Rahul Gautam - Vice President, Marketing, George Elisseou - HR Director, David Schock - Chief Financial Officer 
FIPL's main manufacturing plant located in Maraimalai Nagar, 45 km from Chennai has a capacity to produce 150,000 cars on a two-shift basis and 200,000 with three shifts. In 2010-11, the company's production crossed the 100,000 mark.
As its new hatchback Figo was launched in March 2010, Ford Motor Company has invested $500 million to double capacity of the plant to 200,000 vehicles annually and setting up a facility to make 250,000 engines annually. The engine plant opened for operations in January 2010.
To meet the growing domestic demand and with an eye on engine exports, the company has invested $72 million to raise engine production capacity to 330,000 units.
The company is rolling out the urban SUV Ford EcoSport in June 2013. It had announced a $142-million investment on this. With Ford EcoSport, the Chennai plant will ramp up to full capacity (200,000 units). Last year, production touched 127,000 units.
As part of its plan to launch 8 new vehicles by 2015, the car maker is pumping in an investment of $1 billion for a new state-of-the-art manufacturing plant at Sanand, Gujarat. The plant is coming up on 460 acre site. It will have an initial installed capacity to manufacture 2,70,000 engines and 2,40,000 vehicles a year. Coming up alongside the plant is the supplier park spread across 150 acres and the company has attracted 19 world-class supplier manufacturers to date. The plant is expected to commence production by 2014.
(As of February 2016)
- Ford Mustang (Launched July 2016)
- Ford Endeavour (Launched January 2016)
- Ford Ecosport (Launched June 2013)
- Ford Figo Aspire (Launched August 2015)
- Ford Figo (Launched September 2015)
- Ford Ikon (1999–2010)
- Ford Escort (1996–2001)
- Ford Mondeo (2001–2006)
- Ford Fusion (2004–2010)
- Ford Endeavour (2003-2015)
- Ford Classic(2005-2015)
- Ford Fiesta (2011-2015)
- Ford Figo (2010-2015)
Sales and service Network
Presently, Ford has more than 376 sales and service outlets in 209 cities across India.
In the year 2010, FIPL recorded sales of 83,887 vehicles against 29,488 vehicles sold during the year 2009 and registered a sales growth of 172%.
Ford India currently exports 40 percent of its engine production and 25 percent of its car production to 35 countries, some of them are, South Africa, Nepal, Mexico, Kenya, Bahrain, Angola, Bermuda, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Lebanon, Malawi, Madagascar, Mauritius, Nigeria, Senegal, Tanzania, UAE, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Ford India’s CSR activities are focused primarily in four key areas: road safety, education, healthcare, and environment.
- Ford Plant and Corporate Office
- Ford India Private Ltd, Ford Cars India, Ford Motors India, Ford Fiesta India, Ford in India
- "Ford drives into Sanand". Business Line. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Ford looking to achieve full capacity; plans to expand soon
- Ford Figo roll out by March 2010
- Ford - Virtual Plant Tour
- Ford India to export small cars from mid-2010
- Ford India Engine Plant Rolls out 1,00,000th unit
- "Ford India increases engine capacity". Business Today. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Ford looking to achieve full capacity; plans to expand soon". Business Line. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Ford lays foundation for $1-b unit at Sanand". Business Line. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- "Ford India is changing the way its parent Ford Motor Company functions". Business Today. Retrieved 7 September 2012.
- Ford Records Strong Sales Growth In 2010, Figo Caps The Year With Several Awards
- Ford India begins bulk export of cars from Chennai
- "Ford India Private Limited 3Ci Score". 3Ci group. Retrieved 24 January 2016.
|Ford India, automobile timeline, 1990s–present|
|Small family car||Fiesta||Classic|
|Large family car||Mondeo|