Ford Transit Custom
|Ford Transit Custom|
|Also called||Ford Tourneo Custom|
Ford New Transit (China)
Ford Tourneo (Vietnam)
|Assembly||Turkey: Kocaeli (Ford Otosan)|
China: Nanchang (Jiangling Motors)
Vietnam: Hai Duong (Ford Vietnam)
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Light commercial vehicle (M)|
|Body style||Van (Transit Custom)|
Crew cab van (Transit Custom)
Minivan/Minibus (Transit Custom Kombi, Tourneo Custom)
|Layout||Transverse front engine, front wheel drive|
|Engine||2.2 L Duratorq I4 (diesel)|
2.0 L EcoBlue Hybrid mHEV TDCi I4 (diesel)
|Electric motor||11.5 kW (15.4 hp) belt-driven integrated starter/generator (BISG) (Transit Custom EcoBlue Hybrid)|
|Hybrid drivetrain||EcoBlue Hybrid mHEV (Transit Custom EcoBlue Hybrid)|
|Battery||48-volt battery pack|
13.6 kWh (PHEV)
|Plug-in charging||2.4 kW AC or Type 2 7.2 kW AC (PHEV)|
|Wheelbase||2,933 mm (115.5 in) (SWB)|
3,300 mm (129.9 in) (LWB)
|Length||4,972 mm (195.7 in) (SWB)|
5,339 mm (210.2 in) (LWB)
|Width||1,986 mm (78.2 in) (ex. mirrors)|
2,290 mm (90.2 in) (inc. mirrors)
|Height||1,922–2,017 mm (75.7–79.4 in) (low roof)|
2,280–2,381 mm (89.8–93.7 in) (high roof)
|Kerb weight||1,786–2,020 kg (3,937–4,453 lb)|
The Ford Transit Custom is a mid-sized, front wheel drive van produced by Ford Europe since 2012. It is the smaller version of the Ford Transit Mk.8. As with the rest of the Transit lineup, the more luxurious passenger versions are branded Tourneo Custom.
The Ford Transit Custom was unveiled at the 2012 Commercial Vehicle Show at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham, England. Currently, the Transit Custom is not sold in the United States and Canada, but it is sold in Mexico. It was not sold in China until 2016.
One engine is available, a 2.2-litre inline-four Duratorq turbodiesel, in three power output levels: 74 kW (101 PS; 99 hp) and 310 N⋅m (230 lb⋅ft) of torque, 92 kW (125 PS; 123 hp) and 350 N⋅m (260 lb⋅ft), 113 kW (154 PS; 152 hp) and 385 N⋅m (284 lb⋅ft). There will also be a plug-in hybrid version of the Tourneo, which will be using Ford's 1-litre Ecoboost petrol engine and an electric engine with a 13,6 kWh battery. The petrol engine will act as a range extender, as the front wheels of the car are driven by the electric engine. It can go 50 kilometers on electricity, but up to 500 kilometers using the petrol engine. Fuel consumption is reported to be 3.3 L/100 km. This version will be available in the second half of 2019.
Transit Custom Nugget
The Ford Transit Custom Nugget is a small van designed as a camper (aka campervan) that is sold by Ford and converted by Westfalia. It has various features of overnight camping, such as a sink, stove, and foldout beds. The "Nugget" was launched in select European markets in the spring of 2019.
The Swift Monza is a campervan conversion produced by Swift Leisure and based on the Tourneo version of the Transit Custom. It is available with the 2.0 EcoBlue 128PS turbodiesel engine. It is aimed at young families 
Awards and recognition
- 'Why the Ford Transit Custom is the Best Choice for a Campervan in 2021'
- 'International Van of the Year award - 2013'
- 'What Van - Medium van of the year award 2019'
- 'Honest John - Most popular medium van award 2018'
- George Barrow (18 April 2012). "New Ford Transit Custom revealed ahead of show debut". Commercial Motor. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- USA Today (18 April 2012). "With U.S. next, Ford shows off new Transit van for Europe". Retrieved 18 April 2012.
- Tarmo Riisenberg (4 April 2019). "Ford Tourneo Custom changes into a plug-in hybrid". Autoleht. Retrieved 4 April 2019.
- Ford starts selling adventurous, little Transit Custom Nugget camper van, By C.C. Weiss, January 23, 2019.
- Ford Sells a Transit Camper Called the Nugget That’s Really Neat.
- "ADVENTUROUS TRANSIT CUSTOM NUGGET CAMPER NOW AVAILABLE DIRECT FROM FORD DEALERS IN SELECTED MARKETS". January 18, 2019.
- Attwood, Daniel (November 26, 2021). "Swift reveals all-new Monza campervan". Outandaboutlive.co.uk. Retrieved 26 May 2022.