|This article does not cite any references (sources). (October 2009)|
Fordbridge shown within the West Midlands
|Metropolitan county||West Midlands|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
Fordbridge is a civil parish and suburb between Kingshurst and Chelmsley Wood in the Metropolitan Borough of Solihull, which is in the West Midlands county, and also part of the West Midlands conurbation. It is 8 miles (13 km) east of Birmingham City Centre. It has a town council. According to the 2001 census the parish had a population of 8,748.
Fordbridge is near to Marston Green and features a new £32 million secondary school, called 'Grace Academy'. The area falls within the borders of North Solihull, which is now subject to a £1.8 billion regeneration project.
Fordbridge lies in-between a number of schools in the surrounding areas. Schools in and around the local area include:
- CTC Kingshurst Academy
- John Henry Newman Catholic College
- Grace Academy (Solihull)
- Smiths Wood Sports College
- Park Hall Academy
- The Coleshill School
- The International School and Community College
- Fordbridge Community Primary School
- St Anne's Catholic Primary School
- Bishop Wilson Church of England Nursery, Infant, and Junior School
- Kingshurst Primary School
- Saint Anthony's Catholic Primary School
- St John The Baptist R C Primary School
- Kingfisher Primary School
West Midlands Travel operate a number of buses in and around the Fordbridge area. The Cooks lane area is served by the 94, 55 and 71 bus services. Close by is Chelmsley Wood shopping centre which hosts a wide range of transport options. Buses are available to and from Solihull Town Centre, Coleshill, Birmingham City Centre, Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham International Airport.
Fordbridge is also served by a local sports centre called 'North Solihull Sports Centre'.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Fordbridge.|