Fordcombe is a village within the civil parish of Penshurst in the Sevenoaks District of Kent, England. The village is located on the northern slopes of the Weald, five miles (8 km) west of Tunbridge Wells.
The church, part of a united benefice with Penshurst, is dedicated to St Peter. Several members of the Hardinge family are buried in the churchyard:
- Henry Hardinge, 1st Viscount Hardinge (1785–1856), British Army Field Marshal, Governor-General of India
- Charles Hardinge, 2nd Viscount Hardinge (1822–1894), British politician
- Charles Hardinge, 1st Baron Hardinge of Penshurst (1858–1944), British diplomat and statesman, Viceroy of India
- Alexander Hardinge, 2nd Baron Hardinge of Penshurst (1894–1960), British Army officer and courtier
- Sir Arthur Edward Hardinge (1828–1892), British Army General, Governor of Gibraltar
- Sir Arthur Henry Hardinge (1859–1933), British diplomat
The Chafford Arms pub is at the heart of the village.
Media related to Fordcombe at Wikimedia Commons
|This Kent location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|