Foreign Investment and NRI Cell, Government of Haryana
The Government of Haryana has nominated Rajiv Chhabra, a General Secretary of Indian Overseas Congress UK as a non official member of Foreign Investment and NRI Cell, Haryana, which would provide an Institutional mechanism for: Provision of guidance and advisory services for attracting foreign investment in the state and redressal of other problems faced by the NRI’s of Haryana domicile e.g. property, marital discord, and law and order issues etc.
The Foreign Investment and NRI Cell will be located in the Haryana State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (HSIIDC) Panchkula. While the HSIIDC is designated as the nodal agency for Investment related matters, the Home department will act the nodal agency for addressing grievances related to property, marital dispute, law and order, and other related social issues.
The Cell would also create its Web Portal “Connect Haryana Forum” to act as the single point contact for NRIs & PIOs and also for building up the necessary database. The HSIIDC will undertake all necessary steps for development and updation of the website. The Home department shall nominate a single point of contact to whom all relevant correspondence /grievances received in the Cell, in electronic or paper form, will be forwarded and monitored along with a status tracking facility to the person making such correspondence.
An Advisory Committee is also constituted at the Apex level to consider related matter and review the action taken by the Cell from time to time. The Advisory Committee shall consist of the following:
- Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister of Haryana – Chairman
- Industries Minister, Haryana – Member
- Principal Secretary to Chief Minister – Member
- Principal Secretary, Home – Member
- Principal Secretary, Industry and Commerce – Member
- Principal Secretary, Town &Country Planning – Member
- Principal Secretary, Public Relations – Member
- Chief Administrator, Huda – Member
- Director, Industries & Commerce – Member
- Managing Director, HSIIDC – Member Secretary
- Rajiv Chhabra – United Kingdom
- Balinder Singh Kundu – United States
- R.K. Malhotra – Japan
- K.V. Rathee – Canada
- O.H.Narain – Netherlands
- Budh Parkash Jasuja – United States
- K.L. Sardana – United States
- HarSamadhan Haryana Govt's online Complaints portal