Foreign relations of Saint Kitts and Nevis
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Kitts and Nevis has no major international disputes. Its status as a transshipment point for South American drugs destined for the United States and Europe has caused some tension with foreign countries.
It has diplomatic relations through the Kittitian Ministry of Foreign Affairs with the Republic of China on Taiwan (not to be confused with the People's Republic of China). St. Kitts and Nevis also maintains diplomatic relations with the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, France, FinlandGreece, Romania, Israel, Russia, Cuba, Switzerland, Japan and South Korea, as well as with many Latin American countries and neighboring Eastern Caribbean states.
This section does not cite any sources. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Saint Kitts and Nevis are a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the United Nations and several of its specialized and related agencies, the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund, the Organization of American States, the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States, the Eastern Caribbean Regional Security System (RSS), and the Caribbean Community and Common Market (CARICOM) and Non Aligned Movement. The Eastern Caribbean Central Bank is headquartered in St. Kitts.
As a member of CARICOM St. Kitts and Nevis strongly backed efforts by the United States to implement UN Security Council Resolution 940, designed to facilitate the departure of Haiti's de facto authorities from power. St. Kitts contributed personnel to the multinational force which restored the democratically elected government of Haiti in October 1994.
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Saint Kitts and Nevis)
- List of diplomatic missions in Saint Kitts and Nevis
- List of diplomatic missions of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- http://formin.finland.fi/public/default.aspx?nodeid=17302&contentlan=2&culture=en-US[Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland]
- http://www.mfa.gr/en/blog/greece-bilateral-relations/saint-kitts-and-nevis/ [Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Greece]
- https://www.mae.ro/en/node/2187[Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Romania]
- http://mfa.gov.il/Style%20Library/AmanotPdf/4-16499-2096.pdf[Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel]
- https://www.fdfa.admin.ch/eda/en/fdfa/representations-and-travel-advice/st-kitts-and-nevis/switzerland-st-kitts-and-nevis.html[Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Switzerland][dead link]
- http://www.mofa.go.jp/region/latin/scn/index.html[Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan]