Foreign relations of Uganda
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
|Country||Formal Relations Began||Notes|
|Armenia||28 June 2013||
Both countries established diplomatic relations on 28 June 2013.
|China||1962||See China–Uganda relations|
|Denmark||See Denmark–Uganda relations|
|India||See India–Uganda relations|
|Israel||See Israel–Uganda relations
Ugandas relations with Israel remain uneasily strained due to Operation Entebbe, the 1976 capturing of a French airliner hijacked by the Palestinian Liberation Organization and flown to Entebbe airport.
|Kenya||See Kenya–Uganda relations|
|Malaysia||See Malaysia–Uganda relations
Malaysia does not yet have a high commission in Kampala, while Uganda has an embassy in Kuala Lumpur and Uganda high commission in Kuala Lumpur were also accredited to Brunei Darussalam, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Lao PDR, Cambodia and Myanmar.
|Mexico||20 February 1976|
|Russia||See Russia–Uganda relations
Russia has an embassy in Kampala and Uganda has an embassy in Moscow.
|South Korea||26 March 1963||
Establishment of diplomatic relations between the Republic of Korea (South Korea) and the Republic of Uganda was on 26 March 1963.
|Tanzania||See Tanzania–Uganda relations
|United States||See Uganda–United States relations
Bilateral relations between the United States and Uganda have been good since Museveni assumed power, and the United States has welcomed his efforts to end human rights abuses and to pursue economic reform. Uganda is a strong supporter of the Global War on Terror. The United States is helping Uganda achieve export-led economic growth through the African Growth and Opportunity Act and provides a significant amount of development assistance. At the same time, the United States is concerned about continuing human rights problems and the pace of progress toward the establishment of genuine political pluralism.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2018)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Uganda)
- List of diplomatic missions in Uganda
- List of diplomatic missions of Uganda
- Indian High Commission in Uganda
- Uganda High Commission in India
- East Africa Living Encyclopedia Kenya -- Foreign Relations
- "Uganda Keen On Malaysia To Open Embassy In Kampala". Bernama. 6 August 2007. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "High Commission of the Republic of Uganda, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia". Uganda High Commission, Kuala Lumpur. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "DIPLOMATIC AND CONSULAR MISSION". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- México y Uganda (in Spanish)
- Uganda president calls for Africa to fight terror
- Embassy of Uganda in the United States