Foreman & Clark
Foreman & Clark was a department store chain headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, California, United States. Founded in 1909, the chain had 90 stores by 1957, from California to New York, and closed in 1999.
The chain was known for placing stores above street level, where rents were cheaper. Foreman & Clark began as a men's store, in 1909 on Third and Main Streets in downtown Los Angeles. By 1920 it owned three factories, in New Jersey and New York; and stores in San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Chicago, Kansas City and Pittsburgh. All the stores were upstairs.
- List of Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monuments in Downtown Los Angeles
- List of defunct retailers of the United States
- 1992 TV commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPqN1wTVwjM
- City of Los Angeles, Office of Historic Resources, Newsletter, July 2009.
- McGroarty, John Steven (1921). Los Angeles from the Mountains to the Sea. 3. American Historical Society. pp. 914–915.
- Vinh, Tan (11 November 2005). "Businessman always dressed to the nines". The Seattle Times.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in Los Angeles is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|