Foreman High School (Chicago)
|Foreman High School|
|3235 N. Leclaire Avenue
|Motto||"A brave man may fall, but cannot yield."|
|Oversight||Chicago Public Schools|
|NCES School ID||170993000799|
|Principal||Daniel S. Zimmerman|
|Number of students||1,040 (2015–16)|
Edwin G. Foreman High School is a public 4–year high school located in the Portage Park neighborhood of Chicago, Illinois, United States. Foreman is operated by the Chicago Public Schools district. Established in 1928, the school is named in the honor of a Chicago banker and civic leader, Edwin G. Foreman. Foreman's varsity athletic teams are named the Hornets, with the school colors being blue and gold.
Foreman High School provides several programs for students with limited English proficiency, including:
- Bilingual programs—Spanish and Polish
- Variety of English as a Second Language (ESL)/Bilingual courses
Special education programs
Foreman provides Free Appropriate Public Education programs, including:
- Cooperative Team Teaching Program; Special Education
- Instructional Program; Support for Bilingual Special Education Students
The Foreman High School mascot is the hornet with blue and gold serving as the school colors.
The Foreman Hornets compete in a variety of fall, winter and spring interscholastic competitive sports administered by the Chicago Public High School League including
- Fall sports : Cheerleading (Girls), Cross Country (Boys/Girls), Football (Boys), Soccer (Boys), Volleyball (Girls)
- Winter sports: Basketball (Boys/Girls), Wrestling (Boys) Bowling (Boys/Girls), Cheerleading (Girls), Swimming (Boys)
- Spring sports: Baseball (Boys), Soccer (Girls), Softball (Girls), Track (Boys/Girls), Volleyball (Boys), Waterpolo (Boys/Girls)
Clubs and Activities
Foreman High School has a number of clubs and activities such as: Academic Decathlon, Aspira, Asian Club, Black Heritage Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Drama Club, Humanitarian Club, Math Club, National Honor Society, Newspaper,Peer Health Advocates, Photography Club, Polish Club, Scholastic Achievers, Student Council, Student Development Team, and Yearbook.
The following are notable people associated with Foreman High School. If the person was a Foreman High School student, the number in parentheses indicates the year of graduation; if the person was a faculty or staff member, that person's title and years of association are included
- Peter Longo (1962) -- Professional golfer, TV personality.
- Dan Longo aka: Danny Long (1957) -- Musician, recording artist, commercial vocalist
- Roger Pauly (1963) -- Musician, composer, jingle writer and producer
- Richard Davis (1973) -- Poet
- Rod Blagojevich (1974)—Politician; former Illinois governor
- Peter Francis Geraci (attended)—Chicago-based bankruptcy attorney
- Eric Nils Forsberg (1978)Maritime painter artist
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Foreman High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- Chicago Public Schools: Foreman
- Foreman High School at GreatSchools.net
|This Illinois school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to a building or structure in Chicago is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|