Forensic Heroes III
|Forensic Heroes III|
Forensic Heroes III official poster
|Created by||Mui Siu-ching|
|Written by||Choi Ting-ting|
|Theme music composer||Yip Kai-chung|
|Opening theme||Witness (目擊) by Wayne Lai and Ron Ng|
|Country of origin||Hong Kong|
|No. of episodes||30|
|Executive producer(s)||Mui Siu-ching|
|Production location(s)||Hong Kong|
|Camera setup||Multi camera|
|Running time||45 minutes (per episode)|
|Original network||TVB Jade|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||10 October –|
20 November 2011
|Related shows||Forensic Heroes (2006) |
Forensic Heroes II (2008)
|Forensic Heroes III|
|Literal meaning||"Forensic science vanguard III"|
Forensic Heroes III (also known as FH3) is a 2011 Hong Kong police procedural television drama produced by Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB). The drama is one of three grand TVB productions used to celebrate the channel's 44th anniversary, the other two being Super Snoops and Curse of the Royal Harem. It stars Wayne Lai , Maggie Cheung , Kate Tsui , Ron Ng , Aimee Chan , Edwin Siu , Nancy Wu & Ruco Chan in the third installment and reboot of the Forensic Heroes series, featuring new stories and characters. Mui Siu-ching, who also produced the original series, serves as the executive producer.
The drama was a ratings success, and is Hong Kong's highest-rating serial drama of 2011.
- 1 Synopsis
- 2 Production
- 3 Cast and characters
- 4 Viewership ratings
- 5 Forensic Heroes III and the CSI Effect in Hong Kong
- 6 Accolades
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Senior Forensic Chemist Jack "Pro Sir" Po (Wayne Lai) is the head of the Forensic Department and is skilled at analysing criminal psychology. He has a unique view on human nature and is familiar with the structure of various firearms. Pro Sir works closely with Senior Pathologist Mandy Chung (Maggie Cheung Ho-yee) in a wide range of fields including psychology, anthropology, criminology and forensic science.
CID Senior Inspector Ada Ling (Kate Tsui) and Sergeant "Wind" Lee Chin-fung (Ron Ng) work together cracking many murder cases. Their relationship goes from good friends 'brothers' to a pair of lovers.
With a backbone of 12 cases, the forensic scientists, forensic doctors and the police all work together to accommodate each other to solve these cases. The perspective in this third installment is much wider than the previous two seasons with a legal standpoint in addition to the forensics.
A costume fitting press conference was held on 3 January 2011. Filming started on 28 January 2011  and the blessing ceremony was held on 24 February 2011. Charmaine Sheh was originally set to be the lead actress, however due to an injury causing joint dislocation, she was forced to withdraw from the series. She was replaced by Maggie Cheung Ho-yee 
Cast and characters
Forensic Science/Pathology Division
|Dr. Jack Po||Wayne Lai||Forensic Laboratory Supervisor / Senior Chemist|
|Dr. Mandy Chung||Maggie Cheung Ho-yee||Senior Forensic Pathologist|
|Paul Yau||Ram Chiang||Scientific Evidence Officer (S.E.O.)|
|Sunny Suen||Ronald Law||Forensic Pathologist|
|Ken Ho||Edwin Siu||Forensic Technician|
|Angel Chiang||Aimee Chan||Forensic Technician|
|Gary Leung||Yeung Chi-hoi||Forensic Technician|
|Lawrence Yuen||Brian Tse||Forensic Technician|
|Eric Lau||Stanley Cheung||Forensic Technician|
|Rosie Wong||Aurora Li||Forensic Technician|
West Kowloon District Serious Crime Unit
|CIP Jason Ko||Geoffrey Wong||CID Chief Inspector|
|WSIP Ada Ling||Kate Tsui||CID Senior Inspector|
|SGT Lee Chin-fung||Ron Ng||CID Sergeant|
|PC Lam Hong-chan||Jim Tang||CID Police Constable|
|PC Lai Ming-wai||Sammy Sum||CID Police Constable|
|WPC Lee Ka-lo||Jess Sum||CID Police Constable|
|PC Wu sin-hang||Otto Chan||CID Police Constable|
- Wayne Lai as Dr. Jack "Pro Sir" Po (布國棟), a senior chemist and laboratory supervisor of the Forensic Science Division. He formerly worked in the Forensic Firearms Examination Bureau as a forensic firearms analyst.
- Maggie Cheung Ho-yee as Dr. Mandy Chung (鍾學心), a senior forensic pathologist from the Forensic Pathology Division.
- Ron Ng as Sergeant "Wind" Lee Chin-fung (李展風), a sergeant under the West Kowloon District Serious Crime Unit.
- Kate Tsui as Senior Inspector Ada Ling (凌倩兒), senior inspector of the West Kowloon District Serious Crime Unit.
- Edwin Siu as Ken Ho (何正民), a forensic technician under the Forensic Science Division.
- Aimee Chan as Angel Chiang (蔣卓君), a forensic technician under the Forensic Science Division. She previously worked in the United States as a crime scene investigator (CSI).
- Nancy Wu as Eva Chow (周奕霏), an ambitious barrister and Pro Sir's wife (Later ex-wife).
- Ruco Chan as Jim Fong (方世友), a clinical psychologist who specialises in criminal psychology. Chan will appear in a limited number of episodes.
- Ram Chiang as Paul Yau (游健保), the scientific evidence officer (SEO) from the Forensic Science Division.
- Yuen Wah as Po Shun-hing (布順興), Pro Sir's father.
- Mary Hon as Cheung Fung-ping (張鳳萍), Ada's mother.
- Jim Tang as Constable Lam Hong-chan (林康贊), an officer from under Ada's crime unit.
- Sammy Sum as Constable Lai Ming-wai (黎明偉), an officer from under Ada's crime unit.
- Jess Sum as Constable Lee Ka-lo / Calorie (李嘉露), an officer from under Ada's crime unit.
- Otto Chan as Constable Wu Sin-hang (胡善行), an officer from under Ada's crime unit.
- Geoffrey Wong as Chief Inspector Jason Ko (高偉雄), the chief inspector of the West Kowloon District Serious Crime Unit.
- Ronald Law as Sunny Suen (孫嘉軒), a probationary forensic pathologist who is mentored by Mandy.
- Yeung Chiu-hoi as Gary Leung (梁子豪), from the forensic department.
- Brian Tse as Lawrence Yuen (阮志雄), from the forensic department.
- Stanley Cheung as Eric Lau (劉文傑), from the forensic department.
- Aurora Li as Rosie Wong (黃淑如), from the forensic department.
- Moon Chan as Po Man-man (布雯雯), Pro Sir and Eva's young daughter.
Forensic Heroes III was the most watched TVB drama of 2011.The following is a table that includes a list of the total ratings points based on television viewership. "Viewers in millions" refers to the number of people, derived from TVB Jade ratings (including TVB HD Jade), in Hong Kong who watched the episode live. The peak number of viewers are in brackets.
|#||Week||Episode(s)||Avg. points (peak)||Viewers in millions (peak)||Ref.|
Forensic Heroes III and the CSI Effect in Hong Kong
In 2014, Cora Y.T. Hui and Professor T. Wing Lo of the City University of Hong Kong conducted a study to determine if the "CSI Effect" was taking place in Hong Kong due to the popularity of Forensic Heroes III. They believed that since the Forensic Heroes series was one of the few ways Hong Kong citizens were exposed to forensic science, it would have a large influence on participant's legal-decision making. A questionnaire was given to 528 Hong Kong citizens residing in Hong Kong for seven or more years and all 18 and over. The results showed that participants who regularly viewed shows like Forensic Heroes III were more likely to expect scientific evidence in a case than non viewers. They were also less uncertain about whether or not that evidence should be presented. Despite the effects of the media on participants' perception of legal evidence, it did not affect their overall legal-decision making. Therefore, Hui and Lo's study suggests that the CSI Effect is not present in Hong Kong.
45th TVB Anniversary Awards 2011
- Nominated: Best Drama (Top 5)
- Nominated: Best Actor (Wayne Lai) Top 5
- Nominated: Best Actress (Maggie Cheung) Top 5
- Nominated: My Favourite Male Character (Wayne Lai) Top 5
- Nominated: My Favourite Female Character (Maggie Cheung) Top 5
- Nominated: My Favourite Female Character (Aimee Chan) Top 5
- Nominated: Best Supporting Actor (Lee Kwok Lun) Top 5
- Nominated: Best Supporting Actress (Nancy Wu) Top 5
- Nominated: Most Improved Female Artiste (Cilla Kung)
- "Costume Fitting: Forensic Heroes III 法證先鋒III".
- "Forensic Heroes 3 Blessing Ceremony".
- "Charmaine Sheh injured dislocated joint, forced to withdraw from Forensic Heroes III".
- "Maggie Cheung loses the long hair, sticks to Wayne Lai absorbing his luck".
- "6-episode guest star becomes main character". Face (in Chinese). 2011-10-19. Retrieved 2011-10-19.
- Hui, Cora Y.T.; Lo, T. Wing (May 2017). "Examination of the "CSI Effect" on Perceptions of Scientific and Testimonial Evidence in a Hong Kong Chinese Sample". International Journal Of Offender Therapy & Comparative Criminology. 61: 14 – via EBSCOhost.
- Week 1 Ratings
- Week 2 Ratings
- Week 3 Ratings
- Week 4 Ratings
- Week 5 Ratings
- Week 6 Ratings
- Week 7 Ratings