Forensic video analysis
|Part of a series on|
Forensic video analysis is the scientific examination, comparison and/or evaluation of video in legal matters. This definition is attributed to American Academy of Forensic Science. It is also the preferred definition by LEVA. LEVA is the most recognized trainer for military and law enforcement agencies seeking to become certified in video forensics. 
Forensic video analysis usage
Forensic video analysis has been used in a variety of high profile cases, international disagreements, and conflict zones. Video forensics is necessary to show that images and videos used in court and media are verifiably true. Video forensics is especially important when media and governments use video coming from areas of state failure. Much of the video realized from inside Yemen and Syria have caused great political and public concern. Teams at the United Nation as well as within the governments around the world have utilized software and technical knowledge to ensure the information is accurate.
This is a list of notable forensic video analysis software.
|Amped Software||Amped Software (ampedsoftware.com) develops solutions for the analysis and enhancement of images and videos for forensic, security, and investigative applications. Amped tools are used by the top forensic labs, law enforcement, military, security and government agencies worldwide. Amped FIVE is the leading forensic image and video enhancement software, acclaimed for its simplicity, ease-of-use and completeness.|
|input-ace.com||input-ace.com is a forensic video analysis software built for public safety crime and collision investigations, security, forensic engineering professionals and video experts. Software founders are Andrew and Grant Fredericks, who are FBI National Academy and LEVA instructors.|
|Video Triage||Video Triage is a forensic video analysis toolkit capable of enhancing blurry or dark video, capable of detecting intrusions in real time, capable of optimizing customer service and operations with business intelligence from existing video data, and capable of creating reports to meet compliance requirements for submitting suspicious activity. Video Triage is developed by Keypoint Forensics LLC.|
|Ultimate Forensics||Ultimate Forensics is a solution for photo and video data search and analysis for corporate security and law enforcement agencies. Ultimate Forensics is a high-performance automated system of search by an indexed image, image fragment, video or online streaming without the need for classical pattern recognition.|
- "LEVA International, Inc. - LEVA International, Inc". leva.org. Retrieved 2019-01-20.
- "Forensic Imaging And Multi-media Glossary Covering Computer Evidence Recovery (CER), Forensic Audio (FA), Forensic Photography (FP), And Forensic Video (FV)" (PDF). International Association for Identification.
- "Keypoint Forensics – Video Analysis Software"
- American Academy of Forensic Science (AAFS)
- International Association for Identification (IAI)
- International Association for Pattern Recognition, Technical Committee on Computational Forensics (IAPR-TC6)
- Law Enforcement and Emergency Video Services Association (LEVA)
- National Technical Investigators’ Association (NATIA)