Forest Hill High School
- For the school in New York City, see Forest Hills High School.
|Forest Hill High School|
2607 Raymond Road
|School district||Jackson Public School District|
|Grades||9th - 12th|
|Enrollment||1148 (2014-2015) |
|Color(s)||Red, White & Blue|
Forest Hill High School is a public high school located in Jackson, Mississippi. It serves students from grades 9-12, and is part of the Jackson Public School District. The current principal is Torrey Hampton.
A total of 1,136 students were enrolled in Forest Hill High during the 2006-2007 school year. The gender makeup of the district was 51% female and 49% male. The racial makeup of the school was 96.39% African American, 2.90% White, 0.35% Hispanic, and 0.35% Asian.
Gifted Education/Open Doors
Gifted Education courses provide instruction in creativity, thinking skills, research, creative problem solving, communication, leadership, dynamic groups, and self-knowledge in order to increase students' skill and capacity for autonomous learning, metacognition, and self-understanding. High school students enrolled in the district's gifted education program, or Open Doors program, have met intellectually gifted criteria set by the state of Mississippi. Gifted courses in grades 9-12 are offered based upon funding and teacher units provided by the state. Currently, Forest Hill High School is the only high school in the Jackson Public School District to offer gifted courses in English/language arts.
Gifted, Accelerated English I
Gifted, Accelerated English II
Gifted, Accelerated English III
Gifted, Accelerated English IV
The following schools feed into Forest Hill High School.
- Middle Schools
- Siwell Middle School
- Cardozo Middle School
- Elementary Schools
- Bates Elementary School
- Oak Forest Elementary School
- Timberlawn Elementary School
- Van Winkle Elementary School
On October 5, 2018, the schools's band performed at halftime in a game against Brookhaven High School, where 2 police officers were shot and killed earlier that week. The band's performance was based on the film John Q., that simulated police being shot by band members dressed as doctors and nurses. This has resulted in general outrage as the governor himself, Phil Bryant, condemned this act. 
- "Mississippi Assessment and Accountability Reporting System". Office of Research and Statistics, Mississippi Department of Education. Archived from the original on 2007-03-23.
- Feeder Patterns Archived 2007-10-11 at the Wayback Machine. – Jackson Public Schools.
- Forest Hill High School website
- Class of 1977 alumni page
- ForestHill1978.org - Class of 1978 alumni page
- Class of 1980 alumni page
- ForestHill1993.com - Class of 1993 alumni page
- ForestHill89.com - Class of 1989 alumni page
|This Mississippi school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|