Forest Hills Local School District
|Forest Hills Local School District|
|Anderson Township Cincinnati metropolitan area
|Motto||ENGAGE • EMPOWER • EXCEL|
|Superintendent||Scot Thomas Prebles|
|Students and staff|
Forest Hills Local School District is a public school district serving the southeastern-most area of Hamilton County, Ohio outside the city of Cincinnati. The district specifically serves approximately 7,600 students from Anderson Township and the village of Newtown. There are 1,008 staff members working for the district.
|Anderson High School||Mike Overbey||1961||9–12||1,199||168|
|Ayer Elementary School||Todd Hartman||1973||K–6||628||67|
|Maddux Elementary School||Stephen Troehler||1966||K–6||617||49|
|Mercer Elementary School||Jodi Davidson||1973||K–6||728||112|
|Nagel Middle School||John Vander Meer||1999||7–8||1,876||116|
|Sherwood Elementary School||Dan Hamilton||1970||K–6||568||52|
|Summit Elementary School||Michele Sulfsted||1968||K–6||532||60|
|Turpin High School||David Spencer||1976||9–12||1,200||112|
|Wilson Elementary School||Robert Buck||1959||K–6||639||56|
|Total||7,987||792 (not including the 216 administrative staff)|
The student progression from elementary to middle to high school in Forest Hills is noteworthy. There are six neighborhood elementary schools, all of which feed Nagel Middle School. Nagel students then split between two high schools. Anderson High School gets all students from Ayer, Maddux and Summit Elementaries. Turpin gets all students from Wilson and Mercer Elementaries. Sherwood Elementary students are split between Anderson and Turpin, depending on street address; students on a few designated "swing" streets may choose either high school.
Both Ayer and Sherwood Elementary schools have non-traditional open classrooms with no foundation walls separating classes. The use of chalkboards, moveable walls, and other objects form barriers between learning areas.
- "Forest Hills School District". www.foresthills.edu. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
- "Turpin Profile 2015-2016" (PDF). Forest Hills. SchoolPointe. Archived from the original on November 23, 2015. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- "Anderson High School Digital Profile 2015-2016". Forest Hills. SchoolPointe. Retrieved April 18, 2016.[dead link]
- "Nagel Nation Members". Schoology. Schoology. Retrieved April 18, 2016.
- "Board names new Turpin, Ayer administrators". Forest Hills. SchoolPointe. July 8, 2016. Retrieved August 15, 2016.
|This Hamilton County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|