This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||iOS 4.0 and higher
Android 2.2 and higher
|Type||VoIP, social network|
forfone is a free VoIP-application which enables the user to make calls, send and share text messages, photos & the user’s current location. The App does not require any additional registration or user account but allows direct access to all mobile and landline networks worldwide through Wi-Fi, LTE, 3G or UMTS.
100% reachability can be guaranteed by sending push-notifications. To answer calls or receive messages the App therefore does not have to be open or be running in the background. The application is compatible with every iPhone, iPod Touch or Android device and runs on iOS 4.0 or higher or Android 2.2 or higher. forfone is a VoIP and messaging App which makes internet telephony as easy and intuitive as making a normal phone call through a mobile operator.
The independent Viennese research institute SBA-Research discovered security holes in messenger applications currently on the market. The researchers were not only able to take over the account but also send free text messages from the servers of many tested applications. Only at forfone and 3 other applications it was not possible to take the account over, nor were they able to send or receive text messages of the users.
- "toolani - crunchbase". Crunchbase.com. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-16. Retrieved 2017-09-09.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-11-28. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Technotips". Technotips.org. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-13. Retrieved 2012-04-02.
- "Forfone wants to take on mobile telcos and Skype with €500k in the bank". Eu.techCrunch.com. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "News - SBA Research". Sba-research.org. Retrieved 26 August 2017.
- "Guess Who's Texting You? Evaluating the Security of Smartphone Messaging Applications" (PDF). Sba-research.org. Retrieved 2017-08-26.