Forge Valley School
|Motto||Where Learning Comes First|
|Local authority||City of Sheffield|
|DfE URN||140547 Tables|
Forge Valley School is a secondary school and sixth form located in Sheffield South Yorkshire England. It replaced Myers Grove School and Wisewood School & Community Sports College. The Headteacher is Dale Barrowclough.The school has its own sports centre which is used by the school and community. The school converted to Academy status in September 2014, sponsored by the Tapton School Academy Trust.
In May 2013 it was reported by local newspaper Sheffield Star that the school had been placed under special measures by Ofsted after being deemed 'inadequate'. The report, which was based on an inspection in March 2013, rated the school Grade 4 overall and in all areas, the lowest possible value in a scale from 1 to 4. Head teacher Diane McKinlay responded with disappointment to the report by stating that Forge Valley was a new school "which is still developing and improving" results. In October 2013 McKinklay resigned her post – David Bowes took over as Head.
In late November 2013 Forge Valley received a short inspection from Ofsted.
Forge Valley has presented four productions:
- 2011-2012 – Oliver!
- 2012-2013 – We Will Rock You
- 2015-2016 – Aladdin, Blues Brothers, Bugsy Malone, Lion King and Wizard of Oz
- 2016-2017 – Matilda, Beauty and the Beast and Into the Woods
The school took part in the Sheffield Children's Book Awards in 2011, 2012 and 2013 – pupils voiced their views on the shortlisted books and read out for the audience.
In September 2016, a 41-year-old teacher at the school, Lynsey Haycock, died from medical complications after breaking her leg in a fall while putting up a classroom display.
- The school opened in 2011 and was under the command of Dianne McKinlay but due to poor "ofsted" reviews she decided that the school would be better of without her as the head. "News in Brief - School's accolades", Sheffield Telegraph, 6 May 2010. Retrieved 8 December 2011
- "Forge Valley almost ready for its big day", The Star, 29 July 2011. Retrieved 8 December 2011
- "Sheffield’s Forge Valley school judged ‘inadequate’ by Ofsted", Sheffield Star, 20 May 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013
- "Forge Valley Community School", Ofsted Reports 2013. Retrieved 26 May 2013. Pdf downloads required
- "Sheffield teacher Lynsey Haycock dies after classroom fall". BBC News. Retrieved 6 September 2016.
|This Yorkshire school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|