Forks of Salmon, California
Forks of Salmon is an unincorporated community of Siskiyou County in northern California, USA. The town is situated at the confluence of the north and south forks of the Salmon River, hence its name. The ZIP Code is 96031. The community is inside area code 530.
Forks of Salmon was originally a California Gold Rush settlement in the now defunct Klamath County, California. It has had its own post office from September 30, 1858 until today, with a short break from October 16, 1871 to August 28, 1872.
- Rush Sturges, professional whitewater kayaker and film maker
- Frickstad, Walter N., A Century of California Post Offices 1848-1954, Philatelic Research Society, Oakland, CA. 1955, pp.60-69.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "Members (Assembly Internet)". State of California. Retrieved May 18, 2016.
- "California's 1st Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
|This Siskiyou County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|