From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For information on Wikipedia article format, see Wikipedia:Manual of Style.
|Look up format in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Format may refer to:
- Text formatting, the typesetting of text elements
- File format, particular way that information is encoded for storage in a computer file
- Content format, encoded format for converting a specific type of data to displayable information
- Formatting, preparing computer hard disks to store data, destroying any existing contents
- FORMAT, a command-line utility to format disks in many computer operating systems
- Format (Common Lisp), a programming function for formatting printed output
- Format (Fortran 66), a programming statement for formatting printed output
- Format (Algol68), a programming function and type for formatting printed output
- Format (album), a compilation album of B-sides and bonus tracks released February 2012 by Pet Shop Boys
- The Format, a musical group
- The Format (album), by AZ
- DJ Format, a hip-hop artist
- Film format, standard characteristics regarding image capture on photographic film
- Newspaper format, the size of the paper page
- Playoff format, competition in sports and games to determine an overall champion
- Radio format, the overall content broadcast on a radio station
- TV format, overall concept, premise and branding of a television program
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Format.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.