Formulation of Proclamation Text Museum
Museum Perumusan Naskah Proklamasi
|Established||November 24, 1992|
|Location||Jl. Imam Bonjol no. 1, 10310, Jakarta, Indonesia|
The Formulation of Proclamation Text Museum (Indonesian: Museum Perumusan Naskah Proklamasi) is a history museum in Jakarta, Indonesia. The building is where the Proclamation of Indonesian Independence was formulated.
The building was built in 1920 following the design of J.F.L. Blankenberg. It is a two-floored, 1,138 m2 Art-Deco-style building over a 3,914 m2 plot of land. In 1931, the building was bought by insurance company Jiwasraya. During the Pacific War, the building was used by the British General Consulate. During the occupation of Japan period, the building became the residence of Rear Admiral Tadashi Maeda until the arrival of the Allied on Indonesia in September 1945, when the building was returned to the British. The building was rented by the English Embassy from 1961 until 1981 when the building was given to the Indonesian Department of Education and Culture on December 28, 1981. During the year of 1982, the building was transformed into a state library and then into office building.
Because of the role of the building in the formulation of the independence proclamation text in 1984, Minister of Education and Culture Nugroho Notosusanto directed that it be converted into a museum. The official inauguration of the Museum of the Formulation of Proclamation Text Museum was on November 24, 1992.
The museum is divided into four sections containing items related to the formulation of the proclamation text. Most of the furniture is replica because the building changed hands several times. The museum displays wax sculptures of historic figures as well as photos and records.
- List of colonial buildings and structures in Jakarta
- List of museums and cultural institutions in Indonesia
- Silver, Christopher (2007). Planning the Megacity: Jakarta in the Twentieth Century. Planning, History and Environment Series. Routledge. p. 59. ISBN 9781135991227. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Her Suganda (2009). Rengasdengklok - Revolusi dan Peristiwa (in Indonesian). Jakarta: Kompas. pp. 92–96. ISBN 9787977094355. Retrieved May 26, 2013.
- "Museum Perumusan Naskah Proklamasi Indonesia". www.museumindonesia.com (in Indonesian). Museum Indonesia. 2009. Retrieved May 24, 2013.