Forney High School
|Forney High School|
|800 College Avenue
Forney, Texas 75126-9574
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Forney Independent School District|
|NCES School ID||481956001810|
|Color(s)||Black and gold|
|Athletics conference||UIL Class AAAAA|
|Website||Forney High School website|
Forney High School is a public secondary school located in Forney, Texas, United States. It is one of two high schools in the Forney Independent School District which serves Forney, Talty, the small Kaufman County portion of Mesquite, and some surrounding unincorporated areas of Kaufman County. Because of immense growth over the past years, a bond was approved to begin construction of a second high school in May 2007. US Highway 80 serves as the boundary between the two high schools. Beginning in 2009, North Forney High School only housed freshmen and sophomores so the first graduating class will be in 2012. In 2011, the school was rated "Academically Acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency.
Forney High School has several award-winning organizations including track and field, powerlifting, football, drill team, UIL academic teams, Special Olympics teams, band, and choir. City Bank Stadium is one of the few high school football stadiums in the country with privately owned naming rights. FHS varsity football, soccer, and track compete in the stadium. The school is also home to the Forney marching band, Espirit de Corps, which is ranked among the top ten bands in the state, as well as the award winning, national champion Highstepper drill team.
The Texas Education Agency specified that the parental guardians of students zoned to a school with uniforms may apply for a waiver to opt out of the uniform policy. Parents must provide legitimate reasons, which are usually religious or philosophical in nature.
Forney High School has opt-out days periodically throughout the course of the year to celebrate special occasions such as home game days.
- Caleb Hanie (Class of 2003), NFL quarterback, Chicago Bears (08-09), Denver Broncos (2012), Baltimore Ravens (2013), Cleveland Browns (2013)
- Don R. Willett (Class of 1984), justice of the Texas Supreme Court
- Alex Fuentes (Class of 2017), NBA Point Guard, Dallas Cowboys (2010-2013), New England Patriots (2014), Miami Dolphins, Ohio State Buckeyes (2015-2016)
- Craig Rasbury (Class of 2004), contestant, Sports Jeopardy! (2017)
- Christian Terron Johnson (Class of 2016) , Rapper, the Hollow Brothers(2017-Present),[Actor]
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Forney H S". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Texas Tribune
- "2011 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.
- PLTW Schools
- Student Uniform Policy
- Texas Education Agency Archived September 8, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.