Lucas in 2011
|Born||February 1942 (age 77)|
Ramsey, Indiana, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Charlotte Lucas (1982–present)|
Forrest Lucas (born February 1942) is an American businessman, the founder of Lucas Oil.
Lucas was born in February 1942, in Ramsey, Indiana, where he grew up, the eldest of four children. His parents Raymond and Marie had a small farm in Elkinsville, where he and his three sisters lived in "rural deprivation".
He was educated to a high school level.
Lucas bought his first truck when he was 19, and his first semi-trailer at 21. He got a job with Mayflower Transit. He built up a fleet of 13-14 trucks, and started freight brokerage. Following the deregulation of freight in 1980, he was the first to get a full licence to deliver freight in 48 states.
Protect the Harvest
Lucas is a founder of Protect the Harvest, a nonprofit organization which opposes "the radical animal rights movement" and particularly the Humane Society of the United States, which it calls "a wealthy and successful attack group".
His first wife "couldn't stand to save money ... she'd spend it as fast as I made it", and they divorced in 1969.
He has been married to Charlotte Lucas since 1982, and they have seven children.
- "Forrest LUCAS - Personal Appointments (free information from Companies House)". Beta.companieshouse.gov.uk. 2002-01-09. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- "Forrest Lucas". Protect The Harvest. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Emmis Communications (January 2007). Indianapolis Monthly. Emmis Communications. pp. 107–111. ISSN 0899-0328.
- "The Interview Issue: Forrest Lucas | 2015-09-24 | Indianapolis Business Journal". IBJ.com. 2015-09-26. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Babcock, Stephane (2016-05-02). "Q&A: Forrest Lucas on Starting and Building Lucas Oil Products - Article". TruckingInfo.com. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Beckel, Michael (29 May 2014). "'Radical Animal Rights Movement' Gets New Foe". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 6 August 2016.
- "Forrest Lucas: Entrepreneur Blends Success, Downhome Style". Lucasoil.com. 2012-11-05. Retrieved 2016-11-11.