Forrest W. Breyfogle III
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2017)
Forrest Breyfogle III
|Occupation||CEO, Smarter Solutions, Inc.; management consultant|
|Known for||Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE)|
Forrest Breyfogle III (born 1946) is a management consultant, the CEO of consultant and training company Smarter Solutions, Inc. He was the developer of the Integrated Enterprise Excellence (IEE) system. Breyfogle is an American Society for Quality (ASQ) fellow and has received awards for his contributions to the techniques of Six Sigma/Lean Six Sigma and business process management. Breyfogle served on the board of advisors for the University of Texas Center for Performance Excellence.
Breyfogle graduated from the University of Missouri–Rolla (now the Missouri University of Science and Technology) with a BS in mechanical engineering and began working for IBM. While working at IBM, Breyfogle returned to school and earned an MS in mechanical engineering from the University of Texas at Austin. He founded Smarter Solutions in 1992. Breyfogle is an Affiliate Instructor at Weatherhead School of Management (part of Case Western Reserve University).
Breyfogle wrote a series of books focused on IEE. In a review of the first book, business management author and analyst Paul Harmon commented that Breyfogle had made a major effort to integrate different process traditions and that he is a leader in doing so at all levels of work. The third book in the series has been described as "an excellent reference book" for Measurement system analysis.
In 2009, Procurement Insights blogger, author, and BlogTalkRadio host Jon Hansen wrote a white paper in which he noted that "Breyfogle’s [IEE] approach represents both an innovative and important breakthrough in business process improvement methodology".
- "Dinner Meeting with special guest Forrest Breyfogle". ASQ St. Louis. 18 September 2012. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "News Digest: ASQ Fellows Announced". Quality Digest. Quality Digest. 2000. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- Diesing, Genevieve (31 March 2011). "Quality Management: Ask the Right Questions". Quality Magazine. BNP Media. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Forrest Breyfogle III". The University of Texas at Austin Engineering Executive Education. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Executive Education: Instructors: Forrest Breyfogle". Weatherhead School of Management. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- Dager, Joe. "Trumpet of Smarter Solutions". Business 901. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- Harmon, Paul (April 2013). "A BPTrends Book Review: The Integrated Enterprise Excellence System" (PDF). Business Process Trends. Retrieved 4 January 2017.
- Haynes, Rick (10 September 2013). "How to Understand a Measurement System Analysis". Quality Digest. Quality Digest. Retrieved 5 January 2017.
- Hansen, Jon (29 January 2009). "The Key Principles behind the Integrated Enterprise Excellence Methodology White Paper". Knowledge Leadership. Retrieved 4 January 2017.