Forsyth Technical Community College
|Type||Public community college|
|President||Gary M. Green|
|536 Full-Time, 630 Part-Time |
|Undergraduates||11,477 credit students|
|24,342 economic & workforce development students|
|Colors||Blue and White|
|Affiliations||North Carolina Community College System|
Forsyth Technical Community College is a community college in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The college is one of the largest in the North Carolina Community College System, with an enrollment of over 11,000 credit students and over 24,000 Corporate and Continuing Education students.
The college has twelve locations in Forsyth and Stokes counties and offers many distance learning classes and specialty programs in addition to 67 Associates in Applied Science degrees, 20 college transfer (Associates in Arts and Associates in Science) degrees, 35 diplomas, and 67 certificates.
Under the leadership of Dr. Bob H. Greene (May 25, 1936 – July 14, 2011), the community college grew at an unprecedented rate, adding two new facilities and gaining further prestige in the Winston-Salem community.
Forsyth Tech was briefly mentioned in President Barack Obama's 2011 State of the Union Address as an example of education reform in low-income and low-opportunity areas. President Obama visited the school to give a speech on October 6, 2010.
Early College Of Forsyth is a high school program on the Forsyth Tech campus in which students take community college classes, and earn an associate degree by graduation of high school. The high school's calendar is the same as Forsyth Tech, and the principal of the school is Lisa Nakawatase.
- "Forsyth Tech History". Forsyth Technical Community College. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "Fast Facts". Forsyth Tech. Forsyth Technical Community College. July 2017. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "Faculty & Staff Directory". Forsyth Tech. Forsyth Technical Community College. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "Locations". Forsyth Tech. Forsyth Technical Community College. Retrieved 2015-05-11.
- "Course Offerings". Forsyth Technical Community College. Retrieved 2009-06-29.
- "Fast Facts". Forsyth Technical Community College. Retrieved 2011-01-27.
- Obama, Barack (25 January 2011). Barack Obama's Third State of the Union Address. Wikisource.
- "President Barack Obama Visits Forsyth Tech". Forsyth Tech. Forsyth Technical Community College.