Fort Black is marked "Fort" in this map.
Fort Black (also known as Fort Squirrel Hill and Fort Chess) was a fort built in the Greenfield (then part of Squirrel Hill) neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in 1863, during the Civil War.
It remained standing until its demolition in 1928.
- "In the Footsteps of Renegades : A Virtual Tour of Greenfield" (PDF). brandtstreetpress.com. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on March 24, 2012. Retrieved November 9, 2012.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Earliest Settlements in the Fifteenth Ward of the City of Pittsburgh" (PDF). Journals.psu.edu. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Pennsylvania Forts: page 8". Northamericanforts.com. 2009-12-19. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- "One Quiet Pittsburgh Neighborhood Is Home To A Civil War Fort". WESA. May 31, 2018.