From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Fort St. George (disambiguation).
Fort George may refer to:
- Fort George, Guernsey, the former garrison of St Peter Port, Guernsey, constructed from 1780
- Fort George, Highland, a fortified garrison constructed from 1748 near Inverness, Scotland
- Fort George, Ontario, a 19th-century fort in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
- Fort George, Nova Scotia, a.k.a. Halifax Citadel National Historic Site in Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Fort George, the former name of Prince George, British Columbia
- Fort George, a Hudson's Bay Company post near Chisasibi, Quebec
- Fort George, a North West Company post in Alberta near Buckingham House (fur-trade post)
- Fort George, a frontier trading post in Colorado, also known as Fort Saint Vrain
- Fort George (Pensacola, Florida), a former American Revolutionary War fort in Pensacola, Florida
- Fort George (Brunswick, Maine), (1715–1737)
- Fort George (Castine, Maine), (1779)
- Fort George, former name of Fort Holmes on Mackinac Island, Michigan
- Fort George, Manhattan, a neighborhood in the extreme northern part of Washington Heights, Manhattan, New York City
- Fort Amsterdam, a British fort in New York City during the American Revolution, also known as Fort George
- Fort George, New York, five different forts in various parts of New York State, built at various times
- Fort George, Oregon, the new name for Fort Astoria after the North West Company purchased it from the Pacific Fur Company in 1813
- Fort George, a British fort on Goat Island (Rhode Island) named after King George II from 1738–1779, until occupied by American forces during the American Revolution
- Fort George (Virginia), a 1728 fort on the site of a 1632 fort at or near the later Fort Monroe
- Fort George, a Belize City-based electoral constituency represented by former Prime Minister Said Musa.
- Fort George, Jamaica, an eighteenth-century fort in Port Antonio
British Virgin Islands:
- Fort George, Tortola, a fort built at the time of the American Revolution
- Fort George, an eighteenth-century fort in the capital, St. George's, Grenada
- Fort George, George Town, a heritage site on Grand Cayman
- Fort George, Bombay, an extension built to the fortified walls of Bombay
- A fort in Tubuai built and then abandoned in 1789 by the Bounty mutineers
- RFA Fort George (A388), combined fleet stores ship and tanker of the Royal Fleet Auxiliary
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fort George.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.