Fort Leavenworth USD 207
Unified School District 207
Creating Lifelong Learners and Future Leaders with 21st Century Skills
|Type and location|
|Grades||Pre-K thru 9|
|Location||207 Education Way
Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
|Superintendent||Keith A. Mispagel|
|Asst. Superintendent(s)||Geri Parscale|
|Students and staff|
The Fort Leavenworth School District has been a part of the educational system of the State of Kansas since 1901. Geographically, it is composed entirely of Federal Property and includes Fort Leavenworth, The Fort Leavenworth National Cemetery, and the U.S. Penitentiary. The buildings, which belong to the school district, are located on land leased from the Federal Government. The district provides instruction for grades K-9. Senior high school students attend the Leavenworth High School, a part of Leavenworth Public Schools USD 453. The school improvement plans provide a blueprint of school-based initiatives, strategies, and bench marked standards. School site councils serve as a monitor of continued improvement. The district exit outcomes identify broad goals for all students and are used to gauge or benchmark student programs and program effectiveness.
At the turn of the century the Fort Leavenworth Schools were designed Common School District #81. It is the only Kansas school district wholly within the boundaries of a military reserve, although funding for the Fort schools is the same as all other public schools in the State of Kansas. The school district was reorganized again in 1965 and became known as Unified School District #207. The district is operated and financed like all other Kansas public schools.
Fort Leavenworth USD 207 is currently under the administration of Superintendent Keith A. Mispagel, and Deputy Superintendent Geri Parscale.
Board of Education
Fort Leavenworth USD 207 Board of Education is currently under the leadership of President, Col. (Ret.) Myron J. Griswold, and Vice-President, Elizabeth M. Allred. The third board member is Major Melvin S. Jackson. The board clerk is William J. Heinen.
Fort Leavenworth USD 207 currently has four schools: 3 elementary schools, and 1 junior high school. A list of the schools are listed below:
- Bradley Elementary School (K-6)
- Principal - Michaela Culkin
- Eisenhower Elementary School (K–6)
- Principal - Cindy Wepking
- MacArthur Elementary School (K–6)
- Principal - Gayle Bertram
- Patton Jr. High School (7–9)
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Ft Leavenworth". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Fort Leavenworth USD 207 History
- Ft. Leavenworth USD 207 Administration
- Fort Leavenworth USD 207 Board of Education
- Fort Leavenworth USD 207 Current Schools