Fort Minor: We Major
|Fort Minor: We Major|
|Mixtape by Fort Minor|
|Released||October 30, 2005 (Original)
2006 (Limited Edition)
|Genre||Alternative hip hop
Underground hip hop
62:32 (Limited Edition)
|Label||Machine Shop Recordings|
|Producer||Mike Shinoda, Scoop DeVille, DJ Green Lantern, DJ Cheapshot, Vin Skully, Jay-Z (exec. for the Limited Edition)|
|Fort Minor chronology|
|Singles from Fort Minor: We Major|
Fort Minor: We Major, often known as We Major, is an official mixtape by American rapper Mike Shinoda's side-project Fort Minor, hosted by DJ Green Lantern (who also served as a mixer, producer and mixtape presenter). The mixtape was made as a warm-up/prequel to promote their first album The Rising Tied, and was first released on the internet as a free download. It was released on October 30, 2005, through the Warner Bros. and Machine Shop record labels. A hard-copy compact disc was also released to members of the Fort Minor Street Team, and some participants of contests at that time. A limited edition of the mixtape was released in 2006 with a different cover art.
The mixtape's title is based on a rap song of the same name by Kanye West featuring Nas and Really Doe from West's second studio album, Late Registration. It may also be in reference to the lyric "You minor, we major" from "Shook Ones Pt. 2" by Mobb Deep. Executive production for the limited edition of the mixtape was handled by Jay-Z, credited as Shawn Carter on the cover.
|Fort Minor: We Major|
|1.||"Green Lantern Intro" (DJ Green Lantern)||James D'Agostino||1:33|
|2.||"100 Degrees"||Mike Shinoda||3:05|
|3.||"Dolla" (featuring Styles of Beyond)||Shinoda, Ryan Maginn, Takbir Bashir||3:05|
|4.||"Bloc Party" (Apathy featuring Mike Shinoda & Tak)||Chad Bromley, Shinoda, Bashir||2:39|
|5.||"S.C.O.M." (Ryu featuring Juelz Santana & Celph Titled)||Maginn, LaRon James, Vic Mercer||3:30|
|6.||"Remember the Name" (featuring Styles of Beyond) (Funkadelic Remix)||Shinoda, Bashir, Maginn||3:37|
|7.||"Bleach" (Jimi Remix) (Styles of Beyond)||Bashir, Maginn||3:48|
|8.||"Spraypaint & Ink Pens" (Ghostface Killah featuring Mike Shinoda & Lupe Fiasco)||Dennis Coles, Shinoda, Wasalu Jaco||4:06|
|9.||"Petrified" (Doors Remix)||Shinoda||3:28|
|10.||"Get It" (Styles of Beyond)||Bashir, Maginn||3:08|
|11.||"Be Somebody" (featuring Lupe Fiasco & Holly Brook)||Shinoda, Jaco||3:12|
|12.||"Respect 4 Grandma" (featuring Styles of Beyond & Celph Titled)||Mercer, Maginn, Bashir, Shinoda||3:05|
|13.||"There They Go" (featuring Sixx John) (Green Lantern Remix)||Shinoda, Sixx Johnson||3:18|
|14.||"All Night" (Apathy featuring Tak & Celph Titled)||Bromley, Bashir, Mercer||3:28|
|15.||"Nobody's Listening" (Green Lantern Remix) (Linkin Park)||Linkin Park||2:31|
|16.||"Cover and Duck" (featuring Styles of Beyond)||Shinoda, Bashir, Maginn||4:54|
|17.||"Remember the Name" (featuring Styles of Beyond) (Album Version)||Shinoda, Bashir, Maginn||3:11|
|18.||"Petrified" (Album Version)||Shinoda||2:46|
|Limited Edition bonus track|
|20.||"Where'd You Go" (featuring Holly Brook & Jonah Matranga) (S.O.B. Remix)||Shinoda||3:17|
- "Green Lantern Intro" samples "Victory" by Puff Daddy featuring The Notorious B.I.G. and Busta Rhymes, "Mic Check" by Juelz Santana, "Feel the Beat" by LL Cool J, "Crazy In Love" by Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z and "Put You on the Game" by Game.
- Both "100 Degrees" and "Dolla" contains a quote from the 2002 film, Gangs of New York.
- "Dolla" contains samples of "The Ocean" by Led Zeppelin.
- "Bloc Party" samples "Banquet" by Bloc Party.
- "S.C.O.M." samples "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns N' Roses.
- "Remember the Name (Funkadelic Remix)" samples "Music for My Mother" by Funkadelic.
- "Bleach (Jimi Remix)" samples The Jimi Hendrix Experience's cover of "Hey Joe" by The Leaves and contains a quote from an episode of The Sopranos entitled "Whoever Did This".
- "Spraypaint & Inkpens" samples the soundtrack of the 1983 hip hop film, Wild Style.
- "Respect 4 Grandma" samples "Baby, Baby Don't Cry" by The Miracles.
- "Petrified (Doors Remix)" samples "Strange Days" by The Doors.
- "There They Go (Green Lantern Remix)" samples "Is That Yo Chick" by Memphis Bleek featuring Missy Elliott & Jay-Z, "Encore" by Jay-Z and "Stay Fly" by Three 6 Mafia featuring Young Buck and 8Ball & MJG.
- "All Night" samples "Tom Sawyer" by Rush.
- "Nobody's Listening (Green Lantern Remix)" samples "No One Knows" by Queens of the Stone Age and "Threat" by Jay-Z.
- Both "Nobody's Listening (Green Lantern Remix)" and "Outro" samples "We Major" by Kanye West featuring Nas and Really Doe.
- Mixed and presented by DJ Green Lantern
- Produced by Mike Shinoda, except for tracks 10 and 12 by Scoop DeVille, tracks 13 and 15 by DJ Green Lantern, and track 20 by DJ Cheapshot and Vin Skully from Styles of Beyond
- Executive produced by Jay-Z, credited as Shawn Carter for the Limited Edition
- "We Major Mixtape". Lpassociation.com. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- "Fort Minor - We Major Hosted by DJ Green Lantern // Free Mixtape @". Datpiff.com. August 15, 2007. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- "Fort Minor & DJ Green Lantern - Fort Minor: We Major (CD) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- "DJ Green Lantern: We Major Mixtape by Fort Minor : Reviews and Ratings". Rate Your Music. Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- Fort Minor - We Major review