DeRidder-Fort Polk South, LA CSA
|DeRidder-Fort Polk South
|Combined Statistical Area|
|West Central Louisiana|
Location of the Fort Polk South-DeRidder CSA and its components:
Fort Polk South Micropolitan Statistical Area
DeRidder Micropolitan Statistical Area
|Principal city||Fort Polk South (unincorporated)
|Largest city||DeRidder (largest incorporated area)
Fort Polk South (largest communities by population)
The DeRidder-Fort Polk South, LA combined statistical area is made up of two parishes in central Louisiana. The statistical area consists of the Fort Polk South Micropolitan Statistical Area and the DeRidder Micropolitan Statistical Area. As of the 2000 census, the CSA had a population of 85,517 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 82,035).
- Places with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- Places with 5,000 to 10,000 inhabitants
- Places with 1,000 to 5,000 inhabitants
- Places with less than 1,000 inhabitants
As of the census of 2000, there were 85,517 people, 30,364 households, and 22,791 families residing within the CSA. The racial makeup of the CSA was 77.77% White, 15.46% African American, 1.15% Native American, 1.20% Asian, 0.21% Pacific Islander, 1.65% from other races, and 2.56% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.19% of the population.
The median income for a household in the CSA was $31,899, and the median income for a family was $36,283. Males had a median income of $30,860 versus $20,028 for females. The per capita income for the CSA was $14,775.
- Louisiana census statistical areas
- List of cities, towns, and villages in Louisiana
- List of census-designated places in Louisiana
- "Table 2. Annual Estimates of the Population of Combined Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-02)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-30.[permanent dead link]
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.