Fort Portal Hospital
|Fort Portal Regional Referral Hospital|
|Uganda Ministry of Health|
|Location||Fort Portal, |
|Hospital type||General & Teaching|
|Other links||Hospitals in Uganda|
Medical education in Uganda
Fort Portal Regional Referral Hospital, commonly known as Fort Portal Hospital, sometimes referred to as Buhinga Hospital, is a hospital in the town of Fort Portal, in Kabarole District, Western Uganda. It is the referral hospital for the districts of Bundibugyo, Kabarole, Kamwenge, Kasese, Ntoroko and Kyenjojo.
Fort Portal Hospital lies within the city of Fort Portal, approximately 295 kilometres (183 mi), by road, west of Kampala, Uganda's capital and largest city in Uganda. The coordinates of the hospital are:0°39'19.0"N, 30°16'53.0"E (Latitude:0.655278; Longitude:30.281389).
Fort Portal Hospital is a public hospital, funded by the Uganda Ministry of Health and general care in the hospital is free. It is one of the 13 "Regional Referral Hospitals" in Uganda. The hospital is designated as one of the 15 "Internship Hospitals" where graduates of Ugandan medical schools can serve one year of internship under the supervision of qualified specialists and consultants. The bed capacity of Fort Portal Hospital is quoted as 333.
- Mafaranga, Hope (1 July 2010). "Fort Portal Hospital To Get Staff Houses". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Ainganiza, Steven (27 July 2009). "Fort Portal Hospital Leads In Mental Health Treatment Outside Butabika". Uganda Radio Network (URN). Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Kajubu, Emmanuel (31 July 2008). "Fort Portal Hospital To Get New Wards". New Vision (Kampala). Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Fort Portal With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Fort Portal Regional Referral Hospital". Google Maps. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
- Uganda has Thirteen Regional Referral Hospitals
- Medical Education in Uganda